Freezer Storage

My Facility is wanting to get into fresh frozen extracts. I am currently trying to come up with a storage plan. How much fresh frozen biomass can generally fit into a 12 cubic foot cryo freezer? or what ever you all have experience. Also, lowes Chest freezer are not good enough correct? Lastly, is anyone just storing in dry ice? i’ve thought about just using 1500lb dry ice containers. My goal is to store 1000lb of fresh frozen at a time

1 Like

Properly stored bio mass depending on if it’s Larfy & exapnaded id say you’d have at least 4-5 rolling totes if I’m right

Are you getting this biomass already frozen or are you going to be freezing fresh biomass with the appliance?

Already Frozen at the farm. I believe he is storing it in a regular chest freezer rn which is slightly concerning from what i have read. since the water will start to freeze around the trichomes. I haven’t been able to go see the product in person yet. Im adding a bho side to my lab so theres alot of learning for me to do. I currently operate a ethanol → distillate facility.

I suggest any chest style freezer that goes sub zero. Our “warmest” freezers are -30 F all day, every day. We have a couple that get colder than that.

Otherwise, an entire walk in freezer that is sub zero would be ideal. I would love that in my facility.

I only use DI for transportation of my fresh frozen material. It is good for short term storage but I wouldn’t want to rely on it to keep my material cold 24/7 as a long term solution.

1 Like

I have about 10 neg 40 deg C freezers for sale at 2700 each.

1 Like