Freeze dryer alternatives?

Doing a ice water rosin run and am missing a freeze dryer.

They all seem to be a bit pricey and I’m wondering if there is any alternatives rather than putting the ice hash onto cardboard.

You want to avoid direct air dryin. Freez your hash fresh after the wash, Microplane when frozen, Get an empty pizza box and some parchemin paper, do some small holes in the box (I am using a pen), put some parchemin paper on the bottom and the inside top (no terps will be sucked by the cardboard), cold dark place for a couple of days and voilà, the freezdryer of the poor :wink: Works like a charm.

6 Likes

will try this, thank you!

if you had any pics whenever you get the chance that’d be lovely too

I have a feeling this is a tricks of the trade tread kinda thing
I would like you to do a good write up off the method and post it there
:+1:

2 Likes

You could get a vac chamber from online or best value vacs. Vac pump from Harbor freight is cheap. Put chamber in ice water bath add a little salt like you’re salt bae and pull a vac for 18-24 hr

5 Likes

I use a 3 foot sheet of parchment, pour about a few inch wide pile along most of the parchment, fold and roll and keep in an empty disposable gloves box for a few days. When you unroll after a few days you are left with twix sized hash bars that sell themselves as soon as you let someone break one in half

Any tips on how to do the vacuum chamber idea? What psi do you have it sucking and how cold do you try to get it

I pull a hard vac with a shitty harbor freight pump. Put the vac chamber on ice and salt. 14-20 hours should get u there

1 Like