Free/open source 3d models for cannabis

Those are all really nice. They’re really clean looking, do you have to do much cleanup afterwards?

I’ve always wanted to get into 3d printing, but I get so lost when I start researching.

I request some spoons good sir lol.

What’s a good starter printer and software to learn on?

Any advice you have would be much appreciated!

3 Likes

They don’t need too much cleanup, a pair of pliers will pull the support material out on the fan mount, a drill will get it out of the pole mount

I have an Ender 3 pro, it’s about $200 and it’s a solid entry level machine. I use fusion 360 for mechanical modeling, I know Blender is popular for art. Fusion 360 has a free license for non-commercial users

3 Likes

No no, I love this. I’ve been spending mine welding, you look more successful then me though…

I wish I had the space to weld, I bought an arc one autodark lens before I got laid off from my oil and gas job and haven’t had a chance to use it since

1 Like

It’s really fun and challenging, fortunately I have a garage and have the space to do it, I am envious of your modeling skills though! Is this your first time 3D modeling?

I’ve been doing it off an on for a while, maybe a year all of constant use all together. I just work towards making new things every time an idea strikes me or I see a problem I might be able to solve, and that gives me a lot of opportunities (and motivation) to teach myself how to do new things

3 Likes

Absolutely, I’m the kind of guy that likes to do it himself that isn’t always the best. but it sure gives you more talents, I need a 3D printer in my life so I can whip up your designs!

4 Likes

flatpackhangerstyledpost.stl (11.2 KB) 10mmv3 v1.stl (37.3 KB)

10mm top and a different post for the banger hangers

1 Like

Looking for some more projects if anyone has something they’d like prototyped

1 Like

Any interest in custom swagelok mounts/spacers?

9 Likes

this is dope and extra dope that you are just out here sharing it.

3 Likes

I’ve got a few things in the works I’ll eventually sell, it’s pretty much the forum MO to give stuff away while ya peddle your own services/wares

4 Likes

Better pictures

8 Likes

:popcorn:
Do u have any low stress clips or anything like that?

I pay $.09/clip locally to have them printed is that a good price? They weigh maybe a half gram and are about an inch across

Yup! I need a ton for the new rig. Dm incoming

2 Likes

How does that mount to the steel rack

1 Like

To the swagelok welded mounts, they’re just little 1/4-20 nuts welded to a plate

I can come up with a custom solution pretty easily if you need something else

3 Likes

That’s a pretty fair price IMO, any online print farm would be quite a bit more in my experience

1 Like

I start building the manifold and putting the beast together in a month or so. I’ll get a better idea of exactly what I need and then I’ll contact yah.

1 Like