Free Hemp Wax Samples

Exactly my words

3 Likes

Totally what I was thinking… You could probably use it straight away. Like, Homie has his already produced product. I wonder if it would work if I tried to use it as a rub? Maybe get a small piece of it to try?

1 Like

Like YES!!! I will take EVERY single of piece of wax you want to send me!!!

1 Like

Redissolve all of the wax in etOH and winterize/recover/distill again your bosses will love you for the free kilos

Edit: re run all of your filters papers/cartridges as well

9 Likes

Hello,

Per the Oregon Department of Agricultural the material has to be destroyed due to it being over the pesticide action limit.

We could introduce a filter step to remove pesticides to be able to sell this.

The big question is how much do you think a unique product like this worth?

A pesticide laden material that’s mainly wax with too much cbd to be considered waste?

Idk I wouldn’t pay too much for it…

If you can get the pesticides out the only thing that’s probably going to make the numbers guys happy is either free kilos from re winterization and recovery liked discussed above, or taking the material and formulating your own products with it to capture that sweet sweet retail margin

3 Likes

So would $250.00 a KG be out of the question?

It actually is structurally quite similar to beeswax. Many of the same exact alkanes.

On that note, just going to remind everyone this stuff would be extremely dangerous to inhale. Great for topicals and lotions with an emulsifier.

4 Likes

I would think so. You’d have to find someone already using it in some of their products and ask them how much is the novelty worth. I would imagine they get away with a pretty significant markup.

Organic beeswax maxes out at what, $10-20/lb?

2 Likes

Another thing could be using it at a 5-10% concentration to cut down a carrier oil and fill capsules to prevent leaking
(allowing for higher total cannabinoids than if you were to use beeswax to cut it)
But the market for people filling capsules by hand is not huge.

And THIS is why I’m a broken record on the subject of in house analytics.

I’ve seen 40% cannabinoids in the “waxes” before, and dug almost pure thca out of the trash can cause the wooks didn’t know what it was.

12 Likes

Sounds like you got lucky and dropped enough of your pesticide contamination out to pass on your other products.

Which may make a difference when you consider winterizing at a different ratio.

If you’re dropping that much CBD with your “fats” then you need more solvent. Guessing you’re closer to 5:1 that 10:1.

For your pesticide laden trash. Yes. For clean waxes at 65% CBD. Probably.

4 Likes

I’d pay 250.00 a kilo, IF it was clean and had thoes cannabinoid numbers.

5 Likes

I still can’t get over how much cbd is in the damn wax!

2 Likes

Think about how many folks don’t even look

6 Likes

Isn’t it possible to just dissolve it into some solvent, and crash the cbd out? At those number I feel like the cbd should fall out quite easily. (But honestly, I have no fucking idea, lol).

2 Likes

Yes 100% the cannabinoids can be easily recovered lol I probably wouldn’t try and crash them out until it’s more refined

2 Likes

I make cannabis/hemp cosmetics. I absolutely want involvement in this testing. @thegingersnob IG

1 Like

Hello, are these waxes still available? I would be interested in purchasing some.

Hello,

This is a project we are still working on. I will post something when I have an update, and the material meets our internal specifications.

1 Like