France to ban synthetic cannabis product HHC

Well not 100% accurate, currently there is no legal alternative to my knowledge. Thc-whatever is illegal, Hhc-whatever, full synthetic are anyway forbidden. Leaves you with natural occuring and semi synthetic noids. Tell me which and I’ll give you 50% of our first profit. We used to sell 150kg hhc+ a week :wink:

2 Likes

It’s legal if they can’t test for it… hint hint. @SEVENTENLabs

Gotta have standards to recognize wtf you’re selling right? What if standards are on the BM? But not the licensed.

What if standards were being kept from the public?

Till someone monopolies the testing for them…

Crack laced CBD, why didn’t I think of that. Hemp testing labs hate this trick.

Within 2 months after hhc ban we set up a legal, thc containing product (bath chocolate) which is fully certified by the state. Additionally we got the ok to grow and distribute fully flowered plants (yes thc).

HHC was cool while it lasted, and I actually like the molecule. Let’s see if something new comes up but as a fact check: only the black market has Alternatives ready, not the 350 retail stores in Austria.

4 Likes

Everyone’s playing the game. Not sure I can continue that discussion in public but a solution you seek is up for grabs for all to see. Happy to try and help point it out easier.

1 Like

Hhca is the legal alternative as it’s not psychoactive. Just realized it. @Bret_HoneyGold @Roguelab

PS: shouldn’t end up as a private discussion but d8thca is again illegal in AT :slight_smile: as is any thca. HHCa is not regulated therefore legal.

HHCa flowers here we go @Roguelab

4 Likes

Hhca is something I have originated the discourse on.

Good luck with that tech. Might as well unlock d8thca while you’re at it.

The patent is here. The photos and origin product are posted here.

It can be done. But you know. Sharing major advancements with a community that tries to eat its own. Seems to be the real concern.

D8thca is illegal in all 50 states? Before it’s even sold?

:sob:

Take THCA make liquid with solvent. Apply magic hydrogenation powers. My guess…

Kazaam!

Have you ever made HHC? Ever tried tossing in THCA isolate vs d9thc/d8thc converted liters?

Bet you haven’t.

The real reason: d9thca sells itself.

Recarb: isn’t feasible unless you start with free / almost free starting material (CBD)

So… Take some d9thca isolate (completely hemp made) and play HHC doctor with your reactor… Watch your temps to not decarb
…? Imagination over.

2 Likes

^some good info on HHCa

But if HHC is illegal and HHCa isn’t you still have to deal with decarb :grimacing: unless HHCa is more resistant to decarb. But I guess it not that hard to bag up your HHCa spiked hemp in uv resistant mylar bags w inert gas.

1 Like

Can you just pretend that your THCp is hemp derived like people do here in the US? It’s technically possible to derived the terpene you condense spherophorol with from hemp so it’s at least in theory feasible to do it “semi-synthetically” (huge air quotes)

1 Like

In Switzerland the acids of listed molecules are also illegal, as far as I know that is the case for most European countries

1 Like

Just looked and it’s in the UN treaty sadly
“The salts of the drugs listed in this Schedule, including the salts of esters, ethers and isomers”

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.unodc.org/documents/commissions/CND/Int_Drug_Control_Conventions/1961_Schedules/ST_CND1_Add1_Rev2_e_V1603027.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjc5_Ht5Pv-AhVlh_0HHc1ODPwQFnoECBwQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2lbKZIkshAv1o6UrAg2MRv

2 Likes

THIS IS THE PROBLEM AND NO SOLUTION YET

2 Likes

If you can start with pure HHCa it seems doable. Sugar sized crystals to minimize surface area, keep the nugs vac’d in uv resistant bags. It’s a lot of work but if it’s the only game in town…

Looks like there’s been some movement in US.

Tennessee General Assembly Approves Regulations Regarding Hemp-Derived Cannabinoids

1 Like

I wonder how HHCA will work out. HHC can be distilled, which in theory should exclude all metal contamination by virtue of metals not distilling at cannabinoid boiling points…and yet tons of HHC has metal in it, evidently.

Now consider you can’t distill HHCA, so I wonder how producers intend to ensure no metal contamination. I know how I would do it, but that doesn’t mean anyone else trying to make HHCA would be able to pull it off.

8 Likes

This product won t get big nobody wants to pay the $$ for it
Recrystelization takes care of the metals exclusion from the. Crystal lattice if working with lowering temps to keep sufficient motherliquer around
As do AC and other powder scrubs

1 Like

Did you ever crack HHC carboxylation? I guess it would still be hard to ensure HHC is under .3% especially if it cocrystallizes

Yes but isomerization of cbd-a with boron and an amine as buffer to thc-a > hhc-a is easier still loose 20% to a trans Hhc a as a result of the boron rxn
Does not co crystelize so the hhc-a is pretty pure BUT the R and S are almost racimic Wich is a thingy

1 Like

My experience with HHCA is that the solids produced from crystallization attempts on ~1:1 9R:9S are not so much “crystalline” as they are an amorphous solid or precipitate - and there is a difference. You can manipulate temperature, concentration, and subsequent solubility in order to precipitate amorphous solid 9R and 9S HHCA out of solution, but it wasn’t what I would call crystalline. My rationale for this is that 9R and 9S HHCA won’t/can’t make repeating lattices of stacked molecules (i.e. crystals) that include both isomers…9R will impede stacking of 9S molecules, and 9S will impede stacking of 9R molecules - true crystallization results in a repeating lattice of a single compound, and its very very improbable that a repeating lattice can be formed with two different molecules even if they are diastereomers. In general, its hard to crystallize something that’s 50% pure.

If it was a true crystallization (as apposed to merely a precipitation), the solids produced would be reasonably pure 9R or 9S, have a discrete melting point, and a repeating structure by XRPD.

2 Likes

Salt em out

1 Like