Forum Signatures

Are we allowed forum signatures to briefly show a photoshopped rectangular signature with all comments/posts? I think this will generate more clicks on the website and I miss photoshopping and battling for best signature on forums.

I intend to bring these back to my overall tech forums not focused on the cannabis hemp niche.

I’d still like to see who’s got the best signature here and an easier way to learn about each other’s businesses without verification.

I’d happily provide this service for $25/signature as well… :wink:

Mind showing me an example here?

I had felix the cat pacing back and forth as a post sig on another forum I was on.

2 Likes

I used to use them when I was into video games. CC-Comp (Powered by Invision Power Board)

I mean put one on, do a little spin.

They were huge on the old smash bros melee forum I used way back. One of the original forms of e-peen measurement.

2 Likes

300-500x100-150 pixel rectangle with logo / text of services / link to threads/ website

I’ll make one in a bit.

We also had the ability to turn them off. Scrolling through a 500 post thread with everyone having them it got a bit overwhelming…

3 Likes

I know what a sig is, just wondering what you invision it looking like here.
I am asking you to post here like you think a sig should work by putting one on your next post(s)

1 Like

Definitely with repeat posters, should be a way to set that up.

that didnt work

there are plugins, always a good start.

I agree it would create larger pages, one of the benefits of discourse is it also acts as a chat room where a sig would be annoying. I think it is easy enough to click on the persons picture and see their basic banner.

2 Likes

Sigs are obnoxious and one of the reasons I love this format is how clean and sterile it is. Minimal flair.

7 Likes

Go play around with your profile settings, here is @TheGratefulPhil as an example

1 Like

Not a lot of people do the tutorials. Maybe make it so u have to complete the highest tutorial to get a signature box?

2 Likes

I like that idea a lot.

1 Like

i read a lot. the sig’s would just make for
slower reading. so please no sig’s
Lrus007

9 Likes

I also concur, but would like to see it for maybe post creators/ first comment only

1 Like

Oof, I need to update that. That was a job and a half ago.

Edit: And now MMJ is legal in my state :joy:

8 Likes

-1 for sigs. The forum has enough clutter with all the pissing matches. No reason to make the signal to noise ratio worse

7 Likes