Former Production Manager Looking for Work in Sales

Hello All,

Many of you know me, some maybe not so much. I’ve spent the last 5 and change years in cannabis, with the last two of those years being a daily user here on Future4200. I started out in the above ground/legal industry working at Loudpack/Kingpen and, to be able to use my money, I founded New Level Process Solutions. Over time, I began to actually use New Level Process Solutions to consult people because I have a high aptitude for teaching chemistry and processing, as I found out when beginning to teach some of the most difficult people to teach. During my time at New Level, I built out three labs, and managed two of them for about a year and a half, nearly full time. As the industry had its ups and downs, I managed to stay stable and ride the waves, especially during COVID. I thought I had picked the best industry because I continued to work and pay my bills through COVID and then some.

All luck runs out and mine did too. Our lab was robbed and then shut down. The second build out shut down due to CBD crashing. The third Type 7 grow + Lab build out decided to cut the lab from the plans to save money and because they didn’t like how the distillate market was going. I decided to move back to Florida and one of the members here generously offered me a job and then a week before I moved rescinded that offer and ghosted me. I pivoted NLPS to sell delta8 consumer packaged goods, which went fine for 6 months until the saturation became so great that I have now decided to call it quits. I’ve now sold most of my former clients’ equipment and my own, and I am not in a bad place, but I am bored and seeking work of any kind, however, I am most interested in sales and least interested in running a lab as a production manager/director.

I’ve come to find that I’m actually decent at sales and I want to continue to cultivate that into a full time career, utilizing my aptitude to teach, explain and help the laymen feel confident in what they are doing/purchasing is correct. Being that I have been in both situations of bootstapping my own company and using investor money, I have a unique introspective scope of what it’s like to be at the other end of sales as a customer using my hard earned money and clutching my purse versus having more ease by using investor dollars. I come from gene therapy, and I have had my hands on a vast array of equipment, ranging from HPLCs, Prep HPLCs, FPLCs, GCFIDs, bench equipment related to synthesis of small molecules, bench/pilot equipment related to production of viral vectors, rotary evaporators, imaging systems (luciferase/cherryred spectrophotometers for visualization of expression, FISH, etc.), large centrifuges, various resins for bioprocessing, and much more, as well as my cannabis experience which includes everything short of the new membrane technology (however I have run plenty of membranes in my past for viral vector and DNA prep). I am a total nerd in that I love my field and I love talking to other scientists about what work they are currently doing. Conversations about scientific work come natural to me and is probably my greatest asset in regards to selling equipment or science.

I am posting in hopes of finding a company that is expanding its equipment sales team. My dream job would be to work somewhere in Florida or the south selling chemistry equipment, cannabis equipment, or biotech equipment/consumables. I don’t mind travel, and a position that required up to 50% travel would not bother me at all. I have been to many conferences, and volunteered in hosting our own FLOHET while in college, so I am used to presenting, hosting tables, and talking to graduate departments. I am currently taking some of my time in the evenings to acclimate myself to CRM software as I am positive that my next position will use these tools. Any company that decides to invest in me will not be disappointed in their return, I am passionate and confident in my ability.

References, writing samples, photos of past work, and anything else my post or resume doesn’t cover is available upon request. My lease in South Florida expires in May and I am hoping to have something tied down by then. As always, I hope for the highest yields and the safest production for all of you and perhaps we will be speaking soon!

Best Wishes,

Christopher

Sebastiano, Chris Resume 3_22.pdf (95.1 KB)

13 Likes