Forest Grove Food Bank Community Project PUMP RAFFLE! Build Thread

Hey folks

Im here in Forest Grove at the food bank and this project is far from
finished-

I am taking on position of foreman and asking the community for help in the following projects

First thing first!
The gaskets are trashed on the freezer, for the interim i have stuffed some bicycle inner tubes into the gaps in a manner that the venerable @cyclopath would approve of, but its a very temporary fix- the freezer currently wont keep temp and the main issue is these damned gaskets- i have plenty of caulking to do to truly seal the beast but absolute first priority is the gaskets on the door.

Anyone on here have the ability to source these? What measurements do you need?

Those willing to donate a few bucks towards this project will be entered in a raffle of an edwards RV5 rotary vane pump, one dollar gets you one ticket, there will be more prizes announced as we go along- all proceeds go directly to Rochelle to purchase these direly needed supplies

These folks dropped a few thousand on new compressors and they are constantly running and cycling and thats a crying shame.

I have a large list of projects that i will be detailing here but i want to get this first item posted and ordered ASAP!!

16 Likes

@trust_level_0 @trust_level_1 @trust_level_2 @trust_level_3 @trust_level_4

all hands on deck

5 Likes

Soooo brother, is that Forest Grove, OR?

4 Likes

Yes, near pdx is my understanding

3 Likes

I’ll do some searching today & see what I may be able to find. May have been why that door was frozen completely when we were deconstructing now that I think of it.

4 Likes

What is the make and door dimensions?
There are 3 RSD supply houses in that area. Let me know the info and I can have them delivered

6 Likes

Im nearby. Hollar if you need a hand.

5 Likes

Sounds like the door seals are covered.

If an Oak Grove, OR foodbank, do you have need of a new in the box 1 1/2 ton -15C walk-in freezer refrigeration plant?

7 Likes

God bless you, Rowan. Over and above doesn’t cover it

4 Likes

Forest grove OR

Anyone in PDX available to help put up the enclosure so that fear of break ins can be mitigated?

Wish I was closer, tell us best way to send money.

What kind of enclosure?

Check w @Sidco_Cat

1 Like

Keeps humans from breaking in and eating all the crab

2 Likes

@Sidco_Cat can we have the info for donations again please. Thanks!

Asking it differently, what kind of labor is involved installing it and what tools are required?

2 Likes

We need to anchor the posts into the asphalt, might be able to use my ramset-

Bolting together the wire panels, cutting some down to fit, fairly straightforward

This website is broken on my phone and its frustrating

I have all the tools needed coming,
Materials are also for the most part sourced or in hand

I just need the manpower

Lots of nuts and bolts, lots of caulk,

We need to shade the walk in so it isnt being beat on in the heat
We need to seal up all the cracks and cervasses and cover up the bolts and sharp bits thay are ripping the gaskets up

Laying down sheets of thin aluminum and fixing them in place

Adjusting the doors so they dont drag or have gaps

1 Like