For Sale - post template

After we agree on a template any for sale post that does not include a set minimum of fields / info will be marked as spam. My 3 are;
Item model:
Description:
Price:

But am considering also adding;
Place of origin:

Any input?

15 Likes

Type of fulfillment, ie drop shipped, direct from producer, or 3rd party vendor is important. I don’t want to deal with layers of Chinese ambiguity trying to figure something out from the manufacturer

9 Likes

For used shit, location is pretty important.

6 Likes

I think this is a must. Nice to know from the start if the equipment is stateside or going to take months to ship here…could be a deciding factor depending on the situation

(Yes I know not all members are in the USA, but I’m using this as a reference because I am located here)

3 Likes

If you wanted to be friendly to non forum members you could do a contact information field so they don’t have to use f4200 to message.

6 Likes

Lead time / availability should have priority in this regard. A good 50% of posts from Chinese sellers are for equipment that isn’t even in the US yet.

Pricing shouldn’t be necessary for (New) equipment posts valued over 30K, imo. This helps maintain healthy competition and prevents gouging. Besides, any decent manufacturer is ultimately going to want to provide a formal quotation for high-value opportunities.

4 Likes

Collection/shipping may help.

Current location imo is more important than its origin.

5 Likes

I would say place of origin/manufacture and current location would be helpful.

3 Likes

Good luck getting any of these guys/gals to be transparent about the chain of supply.

Would be nice to see some of these companies’ welding facilities :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Item Model/Manufacturer:
Description:
Price:

Current Location of item:
Estimated Lead time:
Fulfillment: Drop shipped / Direct from seller

Interesting. I was thinking price is one of the main things. Maybe price would just apply to the used market but I donn’t see how that helps the same manufacturer/different company posters.

8 Likes

MSRP as configured would be good for high end stuff, gotta have a number to work off of

2 Likes

something with regards to condition: new in box, new/open box, used (and for how long).

4 Likes

The more I think about it, the more I agree. In the limited amount of time I’ve been on here, it’s obvious transparency is HUGE to the forum — pricing probably should be available…

1 Like

Gotta treat the situation gingerly. Nothing really stopping the Chinese from invading the forum with bots to advertise their wares.

I don’t think terry knows how to use bots.

User support / Warranty?

3 Likes

I’m sure he learns if he’s dissed hard enough

1 Like

I suspect you’ll get a lot of skirting pricing if they can get away with it. “TBD”, “Contact for configured price”, etc. “Call for special price discount hand job for you”

4 Likes

They always make their hand jobs sound like a good deal, but when it comes to reciprocating on that deal they wrist is wrist is always tired.

Require

[ISO] in search of
[WTB] want to buy
[WTS] want to sell
[L2L] THC license to license
[Hemp]
[OBO] or best offer

abbreviations in post title.

5 Likes