For sale: Corken T291 and 100L jacketed Pinnacle Stainless vessels

Item Model/Manufacturer: Corken T291
Description: Vapor recovery pump with explosion proof motor.
Price/MSRP: $12,000
Current location of item: Humboldt County, Mckinleyville
Estimated lead time: None
Fulfillment: Local pickup only
User support / Warranty: None

I’m moving out of the area and I would very much like to take my Corken with me but unfortunately it’s just too difficult to move. I bought this pump brand new in late 2019.

It works perfectly and is very quiet compared to other pumps commonly used in our industry. The noise it makes is like a big sewing machine clicking.

I can also include the VFD that I use to run the motor on single phase electricity (it’s a 3 phase motor). It requires a 60a fuse. The VFD is also used to control the motor speed which is very useful at certain points in the recovery process.

I will also include a brand new spare VFD that I have, a $2.5k value. I also have my custom built liquid/vapor separator that I can include with the sale.

Item Model/Manufacturer: 100L jacketed vessels made by Pinnacle Stainless
Description: Vessels from the original Pinnacle system before they were skid mounted.
Price/MSRP: $750 each
Current location of item: Humboldt County, Mckinleyville
Estimated lead time: None
Fulfillment: Local pickup only
User support / Warranty: None

Also up for sale are two 100L vessels built by Pinnacle Stainless.

These are from the original ethanol extraction systems they put out that weren’t skid mounted.

They are very nice vessels. They have an inner dimple jacket to ensure even flow through the jacket and then they also have an insulation layer over the jacket.

The have a bottom drain and I also have the two screen baskets that originally came with the system.

These are very lightly used and have been collecting dust in my shop for over 3-4 years. I also still have the box of parts used to connect them together which includes a diptube for one of the vessels.

2 Likes

Bump.

I’m open to offers.

I could probably get the Corken shipped down to the Bayarea if anyone down there is interested.

1 Like

I’ll take the 2 vessels

1 Like

great vessels for the price

Edited

Bump.

I still have the Corken T291 for sale if anyone is interested.

Is this still available? Dm me

I have a t91 if that meets your needs

Bumping this up again.

Let me know if you’re looking for a Corken T291 with VFD (including a brand new spare! $3k value) and liquid/vapor separator.

how much for the corken?

1 Like

Check your DMs.

Bumping this up again.

Let me know if you’re looking for a Corken T291 with VFD (including a brand new spare! $3k value) and liquid/vapor separator.

2 Likes

You use the liquid/vapor separator instead of molsieve? Or both? Im interested in the corken possibly gotta talk with my electrician and see what we gotta do to wire it in. But have plenty of power in my new lab haha. Do you run it in an ancillary room? Or outside?

Yes I used the separator instead of mol sieve on the intake.

I ran my mol sieve on the room temp liquid line section between my tank’s liquid valve and the inlet to the pre-injection heat exchanger. IMO that’s a much much better place for the sieves because the temp and phase (liquid) of the solvent is much better suited to removing water and the sieves don’t get coated with oil and become a huge mess/headache like on the pump intake side.

The Corken came standard with a 10HP 3 phase motor but I’m also including with this sale an oversized 20HP digital VFD (plus wiring and everything still attached to the Corken all ready to go) that allows you to run the pump on single phase electricity. I’m not sure what sort of power drop you have at your shop but if it’s single phase this will still work fine. It would require a 240v 60amp 1ph fuse for the VFD but it never really draws that much current.

The VFD also obviously allows you to adjust the speed of the pump which is very very handy during the operating process. This pump was slightly oversized for my setup (just a single 12" x 30" collection pot) so I ran it at partial speed towards the end of recovery.

I also have a brand new spare VFD that I bought as protection during the supply chain crisis that I can include with the sale. The liquid vapor separator is also included with the sale but it will need to be cleaned. I didn’t have to do that before moving out.

The Corken is actually pretty quiet compared to other pumps on the market as others can attest to if you ask around. It just kinda clicks like a large sewing machine. I ran it right in my garage with my extraction system about 6 feet from where I would be working with no issues whatsoever and I was in a location where I could not emit any industrial type noises whatsoever. For reference before I had the Corken I ran 4 TR21s and they were much louder and more annoying (and slower) than the Corken.

Like I mentioned the wiring and VFD are still all hooked up to the pump so your guy would only have to run the 60amp circuit to the disconnect switch (if you want to run single phase power) which is also still wired up to the pump as it sits in my storage unit. In the pic below the power comes into the switch from the right and then goes to the VFD then back into the disconnect box and out the bottom to the pump. I can try to find some other pics but they’re on my old phone.

Let me know if you have other questions.

2 Likes

I have a new T291 I’m selling. I have both single phase and 3phase motors for it.

are the vessels still available?

Tech115 might have vessels. I’m just trying to sell my T-291

how much and where is it?

I’m asking $20,300. This T-291 is not a standard T-291 from factory. It looks the same but the internals are totally different. I’ve been using Corkens on closed loop systems for 8 years now. I’ve figured out the how to make them operate at their full potential from factory. All T style compressors are not really designed to pull a deep vacuum and only operate at about 50% of their potential from factory. I believe they do this on purpose. It’s not horrible to run these compressors at 50%. But they operate so much better if they are running at 80%.

I learned that running at 80% keeps the compressors cylinder head, valves and piston rings clearer.

I specifically had this one built from corken to operate at 80% capacity and able to pull full vacuum. It hauls the mail to say the least!

I have two motor options available for it. Right now it has a 3hp single phase explosion proof motor installed. I also have a 5hp three phase explosion motor that can be installed if that fits your power requirements better.

It’s plug n play ready. It has an explosion proof power switch with a 12ft lead from the motor to switch. Then it has an additional 10ft power cord from the switch to wherever it needs to be powered at the facility.

The compressors inlet has a -8 JIC (1/2). The output has a -8 JIC (1/2). I can chsnfe the inlet and output to any style fitting your machine currently has.

I’m out of Long Beach Ca. I can deliver it if it’s in a 200mi radius from me, I can also install it as well.

1 Like

Oh bummer I’m up in Canada. What’s the difference In recovery speed with the modifications? What did you do to the pump?