Foodie thread

WTF

Is that green slime, or curdled/broken green colored hollandaise?

ding ding!

broken “holidays sause” as the kids liked to call it. dyed green for halloween.

that there be “gangrenous monk on toast”

or “ogres eyeballs” or some such.

3 Likes

That’s what it looks like coming out the other end after I eat green food coloring. Lasts about a week, too. Not a fan of unnatural food coloring.

Lower temps and mix more. Or was to hot for too long

I’ll use chlorophyl next time.

2 Likes

No CRC!

1 Like

Spirulina and chlorella work well, too.

driver got distracted by her dab…

2 Likes

yep. like I said. chlorophyl. promise. :wink:

I was more specific, but backed down…because I might not have spirulina or spinach around. but substitute chlorophyl sources abound. even if I have to use &^%^&!*#@)($ hemp :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s what I’ll be using to make my jalapeño pepper jelly a more appealing color of green. I’m fine with the natural color, but consumers seem to want more…

I’ll update when I do my next batch.

3 Likes

I’d love to try that over some lamb!! Whenever you come up, you have to bring some, and I’ll cook the lamb!

1 Like

Make some pepper jam for some cream cheese and crostini

Edit, I see jelly in the works, lol

1 Like

Ají Límon (lemon drop) jelly and jellied ghosts pictured below. No artifical colors or preservatives. Use it almost every day on something. The jellied ghosts goes well on a bagel with cream cheese and the smoked salmon from the other night.

8 Likes

Roll some goat cheese in it, sprinkle w crushed pistachios, and booyah, ugly=pretty. I love pepper jelly.wifey makes it the best :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

She made this vegan chili that was fucking seamless, w bulgar wheat and walnuts. If she didn’t tell me I wouldnt know. Knocked my wig back lol

2 Likes

Homemade ginger bread for the kids gingerbread houses.

(All credit to the wife)

little update

8 Likes

I don’t like pastry crust pies, quick and easy graham cracker crust+streusel topped apple pie bastardization

9 Likes

Some slow braised beef. 9 ingredients cooked for 4 hours:

Chuck Roast
Salt
Pepper
Garlic
Onion
Oregano
Tomatoes
Thyme
Wine

Christmas time is the shit

10 Likes

Yummy

4 Likes

Biscuits in the oven gonna watch em rise right be fore my very own eyes

Raffi

I brushed w melted butter when they go in. When they come out 12 min later, I brush them with clarified butter. It’s perfect timing w the bake time, and leaving one lil pot o butter on, that finishes clarifying when the biscuits are done: technique

Clarifying butter takes the water weight out, so when you brush your biscuits out of the oven they get buttery, not soggy

Pro tip

Yo night time dude needs to clean his eyes :grimacing:

When it comes to biscuits if you aren’t making a mess, you aren’t doing it right!

9 Likes

Chuck Roast my foot, we all know that its really Oklahoma buffalo meat.

2 Likes