Foodie thread

17 Likes

I love all this handmade delecacies.

@FTGLabs

This is how I shred chicken these days. Makes it so much easier.

8 Likes

Iā€™m pretty big on pizza, bbq too, but pizza Iā€™ve gotten down pretty well.

My recipe for dough is this:
100% King Arthur Bread Flour(blue bag)
60% water
4% olive oil
4% sugar
2% salt
1% honey
.12% dry active yeast

Combine the sugars, water, and yeast, allow to activate/come up to room temperature. Sift the salt and flour together, add an amount of dry equal to the liquid, incorporate fully, then work in the remainder of the dry ingredients. Bulk ferment 4 hours at room temperature, portion/ball(I like ~300g for a 11-13" pie), and cold ferment in the fridge for 24-72 hours. Bake at 500+ on a stone preheated at least a half hour, 6-7 minutes is usually enough at 500F

21 Likes

I got stoned and went to the farmers market and then this happened

9 Likes

This all looks wonderful, and I thoroughly enjoy the pictures.

But I hate food lolā€¦

I find eating is a chore, and wish I could just pop some food pellets a couple of times a day and be done with it.

13 Likes

Iā€™m with you man. I obviously like good tasting food, if I have to eat food id obviously pick the good tasting food, haha but Iā€™d be sooo down to just take a pill and have it be an entire meal

6 Likes

Eat to live, not live to eat is how Iā€™ve heard it put before lol.

Food pills would be the shit!

7 Likes

I can taste it !!! Its one of my fav things !! Ok i dont use bbq sauce, i like straight burnt brisket ā€¦ but mmmmmmm , lovely stuff !!!

1 Like

Omg thanks for that little hack! I bet it works friggen awesome vs hand shredding

1 Like

Iā€™m 100% for using my hands for getting the right shred, but I can see where these might come in handy

6 Likes

I think who ever came up with the idea of those shredders always wanted to be Wolverine as a kid lolo ā€¦ ( or still does )

11 Likes

@Curious_Roberto You must have played Pac-Man as a kid with those food pills.

Iā€™m a busy guy, so I can appreciate something like soylent meal replacement. That said, it takes food down to basic function without any joy. I can appreciate an expensive meal that someone else prepares for me as a treat.

4 Likes

I eat for the same reason I stop at the gas station. Itā€™s not because I want to, itā€™s because things(including me)donā€™t function without fuel.

6 Likes

Eat to live here (never trust a skinny cook?)

Flipside of the coin is ā€œfeed them, but dont fatten themā€ :upside_down_face:

Cooks get paid for the tricks up their sleeves, and the procurement of interesting ingredients. Smoke and mirrors, youā€™re making memories and conjuring ghosts, itā€™s no wonder thereā€™s so many cooks here. Man cannot live on bread alone. I love it.

5 Likes

Um, I was and still am a skinny chef.

My metabolism is super fast! Even at 46.

7 Likes

Cant get past 165 here, and that was over a decade ago in the military :man_shrugging:

I bet thereā€™s a buncha butter and bacon fat up in my arteries tho :smile:

Iā€™ll take food capsules from those old ā€œhouse of the futureā€ cartoons or the jetsons, but maybe leave soylent green for the dogs? :smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never been over 170, least is 155 depending on season and stress levels.

But I dont sleep either. Maybe 4hra daily.

3 Likes

I was never too good at pac-man!

Iā€™m a pretty joyless soul, so that explains my disdain for food, Iā€™ve always said Iā€™m as serious as a heart attack lol.

But really, I do appreciate a good meal, but I just hate the fact I gotta keep eating to function. Whatā€™s funny is I hate food so much, but I freaking love shows like cooks country and Americaā€™s test kitchen.

5 Likes

Iā€™m like Gordon Ramsay!

Itā€™s either going out perfectly cooked, or your getting called a name and a plate tossed in the bin.

I loved working the pass line.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s nothing worse than having to send a steak back more than once. Sorry, Iā€™m ready for the check for my bread please!

3 Likes