Foodie thread

Fucking flautas/Tacitos as are BOMB, but you need to do you chicken properly yo, boil until they’re falling off the bone (this is so the shredding of your chicken is easy peasy - ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT PARTS IS THE SHREDDING) with onions, garlic, star anise, salt, ginger, and whatever other flavours you want in. Then fry em I’m avocado/coconut oil blend until their golden brown; top with acovado/salsa verde mix (I usually do about 1 avocado:500ml of salsa verde) lettuce, pico de gallo or tomatoes and green onions, sour cream, and the cheese of your choice. Other than that pair with some refried beans.

Omg or make some salbutes or gorditas

:drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

6 Likes

You all making me hungry again. Time for round 2 in the gyros!

6 Likes

If you all have never had a toasted tomato sammich… you’re missing out. Nice thick pieces of Texas bread (or eat em open faced), toasted ever so slightly, smothered in butter with some nice pieces of heirloom tomatoes, little tiny sprinkle of salt and mmmmmmmm

7 Likes

@squig, I thought I heard you say something about cooking in a former life

2 Likes

Dukes mayo and some cracked black pepper :hugs:

My mom always smelled like tomato vines, tomato vines still smell like my mom, therefore my mom is still here. This is the math and logic plants provide us! :kissing_heart:

8 Likes

Sauces are my jam (well, jellies are closer, and I make them too).

@cyclopath gifted us a piece of his family’s 150 year old sourdough starter, originally from Alaska. I’ll dig up some shots of the starter and the amazing bread it makes, but for now, here’s a shot of the English muffins it made a few weeks ago.

38 Likes

Finally! A subject I’m allowed to post pictures of!!

Anyways, this was brunch today:

32 Likes

I post a lot of my meal times on my ig. I’ll start posting up some of my stuff here. I’m always cooking.

6 Likes

What about thymus? I fucking love sweatbreads

3 Likes

Brains = sweetbreads

No thanks

3 Likes

San Francisco Sourdough
Yukon Sourdough
Italian Sourdough
French Sourdough
African Sourdough
Special Italian Pizza Culture

Maintained for >25 years. Cultures themselves are over a century, but they tend to take on a flavor dependent on where you might maintain them.

39 Likes

How long have you been maintaining all those?

2 Likes

That’s really cool, @yorkshire I wild culture sourdough every spring and promptly forget about it in the summer when it’s too hot to bake.

I also made some wild cultured tepache. It’s refreshing on a hot day.

I used to cure a lot of meat, so we did a lot of charcuterie boards

Cookies at my house

25 Likes

I’m not a strict carnivore. I eat potatoes and bread too lol

8 Likes

I’m always drying out some to give away to ppl to be reconstituted and brought back to life to be maintained. I have about 1/2 liter of dried Italian I think right now. If you ever need some hmu. If anyone needs some, I have plenty dried. It’s a learned art. It can be tricky, depending on humidity. It’s not every bread makers cup of tea.

8 Likes

Yeah, you got me on potatoes and breads.
P
I
Z
Z
A!

6 Likes

Funny you mention pizza. That was tonight’s dinner. Made the sauce from tomatoes out of the garden yesterday.

23 Likes

Brisket burnt ends. Smoked, cubed, covered in BBQ sauce and then resmoked.

47 Likes

If I could give you 100X :hearts: I would

Some of the more carnivorous fellows, need to get a pellet smoker…
Best money I have ever spent, hands down.

10 Likes

I eat meat but not a carnivore by any means. I eat a pretty mixed diet. Here’s an all-veggie meal i enjoyed recently.

10 Likes