Fly Agaric

Not encouraging is but interested to see if anyone is doing anything with fly agaric?
Takes some more weight but they can supposedly lead to quite a trip.
I’ve only ever seen one ethanol tincture online, they are completely legal to my knowledge IF they are “not for human consumption”
Correct me if I’m wrong but mainly interested in hearing others experiences or if anyone has extracted these themselves.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call them trippy. More like being drunk. Totally different type of buzz, and one CAN overdose on fly agaric. Worth trying once, but not all that interesting really.

I’ve heard that people follow reindeer herds and collect their urine after they have eaten fly agaric. Their liver processes it into a less toxic and more trippy substance. I’ll pass on that, but studying that may lead you to some interesting chemistry.

8 Likes

i ate oz when i was 18…i suggest not doing this nothing like the trips u want

look into dmt…best bang for ur buck

6 Likes

Fly Agaric is considered an inebriant, and not considered a tryptamine. If you want to get inebriated, just get drunk.

2 Likes

I’ve never tried them so I dont really know.

But I dont think indigenous cultures would use them if they didn’t have value. Or if they were just an alternative to alcohol.

There are some very interesting reports about the physical effects, dreams/visions and their introspective qualities.

Certainly seem interesting. But they aren’t for people looking for a “trip” or looking to have “fun”. And there is the toxicity issue that needs to be taken seriously.

If you end up trying them, report back im curious.

2 Likes

ull never get “visuals” off these at least i dudjt the 4x we tried…the last time i found iut i was supposed to eat an oz for big trip so i did

met w lots pukin and feeling weird AF

but hey give it a shot

1 Like

Buddy of mine took 1 fully dried cap with gills removed last night, ate it straight on an empty stomach mixed with a hit or 2 of delta 8.
He had a nice 4/5 hour “trip” described it as very euphoric, slight visuals in the sense of “bubbles” in peripheral vision, zooming in or “focusing” and hyper sensitive on all senses. Overall said it was an enjoyable experience outside of the beginning hour where he was very warm/hot.

Also noted was intensified colors, noise and towards the end “melting” of walls and similar.

He noted this is not his first try at any form of physchedlics or mushrooms but overall it was very enjoyable and had some great dreams over night.

I’ll be trying them myself once my second batch comes in. With and without delta 8 or any form of THC. I wonder if it is intensifying the visuals.

2 Likes

The main active component, muscarine, is pretty easy to extract and concentrate, compared to psilocybine. It comes with the pungent orange muscarufine, which is not complicated to remediate neither. Another isomer of muscarine, named muscazone may also be there, depending on material origin. There whould large amounts of chitine and/or sugars as well.

5 Likes

I took some as a dumb teenager. It was more of a deleriant and I couldn’t remember my name. My short-term memory was shot for a week. 0/10 would not recommend.

1 Like

Any advice on isolating it? Thanks.

1 Like

I have no experience eating them. I’ve only ever ate psilocybin BUT when I was a teenager I read that you can parboil them and that would “take away the toxins and make a trippy tea.” I have no idea if that’s true or not, I have heard of Muscarine and I think if you eat enough Amantia Muscaria you’ll start to feel the effects of the Muscarine and start to succumb to the poisoning.

TIL : Muscarine content is low in Amantia Muscaria 0.03% in fresh fruiting bodies.

When you dry mushrooms doesn’t the concentration cure into the mushroom. Like when you grow psilocybin properly and dry them out naturally on cardboard, doesn’t the concentration like “lock in” in a way. I don’t know the right phrasing. I grew oyster mushrooms once from one of those cut and soak packs and when I dried them the flavor was so much more there.

Anyways what I was getting at is don’t eat them. Eat psilocybin or look into a list of medible mushrooms

1 Like

Its not the muscarine…It’s the amanitin that you need to beware of. Stops rna polymerase dead. Without that you can’t read the instructions from your genes, and cells die from lack of repair. Your liver grabs it for you, so your liver dies and takes you with it after a week or so…not a great exit strategy.

alpha -Amanitin or α-amanitin is a cyclic peptide of eight amino acids. It is possibly the most deadly of all the amatoxins, toxins found in several species of the mushroom genus Amanita , one being the death cap ( Amanita phalloides ) as well as the destroying angel,

Edit: muscarine is certainly toxic too…just not as nasty.

9 Likes

Muscarine would likely be classified as neurotoxic. But this seems to be part of the effect, like an induced effect, where the sight changes and people loose coordination, shake, have difficulties to control their movement such as jumping hard just to climb a stair.

1 Like

This seems to start with acetone at room temperature.
Then a color/scent remediation with an acidic clay (perhaps not acidic works). Then ?

I must correct myslf here.
The compound I was dealing with is muscimol.
Not muscarine. Muscarine is one of the poisons but content in fly agaric are minutes if not .traces only.

1 Like

Isn’t Amanitin found in lower (than consumable threshold) concentrations in the Muscaria alongside very little muscarine? @cyclopath

Amatoxins are found outside of the Amanita family as well but are present in great abundance in certain Amanita varieties(i.e. pantherina).
It is the reason why picking amongst the Amanita, Galerina and Lepiota families should be done with great observance and caution.

From my experience, the Ibotenic acid and Muscimol are most commonly dealt with during preparation of the fly agaric to lessen or eliminate any unwanted effects (mostly for the gut).

@Dr_Jebril do you know what the pigments found in the Fly agaric may be attributed to?
there are many medicinal and therapeutic properties being attributed to polysaccharides, I would be curious what groups are dominantly present in the Amanita families.
Could these polymers be contributing to their Vibrant colours?

1 Like

I believe the colored compound is muscarufin.
I also believe this causes the pungent smell, and perhaps digestive inconvenience.

Thank you @uni-corn for mentioning ibotenic acid as well, the acidic version of muscimol.

Isn’t Amanitin found in lower (than consumable threshold) concentrations in the Muscaria alongside very little muscarine? @cyclopath

Amatoxins are found outside of the Amanita family as well but are present in great abundance in certain Amanita varieties(i.e. pantherina).
It is the reason why picking amongst the Amanita, Galerina and Lepiota families should be done with great observance and caution.

From my experience, the Ibotenic acid and Muscimol are most commonly dealt with during preparation of the fly agaric to lessen or eliminate any unwanted effects (mostly for the gut).

@Dr_Jebril do you know what the pigments found in the Fly agaric may be attributed to?
there are many medicinal and therapeutic properties being attributed to polysaccharides, I would be curious what groups are dominantly present in the Amanita families.
Could these polymers be contributing to their Vibrant colours?

Dry them extremely well, the ibotenic acid needs to decarbed thoroughly

2 Likes

Isn’t muscimol the major active minus ibotenic acid?