Flip the disk?

cleaned some of the gnarliest crude jars with acetone reflux

1 Like

Isopropyl works pretty well for that and I got gallons of that.

How are yall gettimg powders in ur disk…i have 1um and 5um welded disk amd they NEVER see powders …u meed about 2 or 3 prefilters done right…i tossed a tampon tek filter above my disk then 2 filter plates w papera in each w solid rings

I havent cleaned my disk since day 1 they never see powdera that i can see

1 Like

You can try V3.0 Sintered Filter

I had to have ur filter rewelded and passivated by @Indofab

Maybe just was the ome u sent me i got it free but didnt expect to have to have it workes on eithwe

3 Likes

previous V2.0 Welding O ring Beautiful Job thanks to Indofab. :grinning:

We will use Argon ARC welding on the O ring without laser welding.Next time.

The bottom side of a crc that’s got a waffle shaped pattern is intended to support the sintered disc against the (sometimes) high pressure difference between the non-filtered and filtered streams.

Also, the sinter itself is usually designed for unidirectional flow. For operation using it backwards isn’t gonna work out too well, for cleaning it shouldn’t be an issue at losing pressures 20-50psi?

2 Likes

I was taught in college to always put a layer of cotton and then sand on fritted filters before putting any active media down.

2 Likes

Ive put mine in with the coarse side getting hit with flow first. I use bvv weaved disk with a filter extension thing upside down as a backing plate.

The paper & cloth filters failed between the tube and the ring holding said filters in place. This was a first and really I just need another couple pieces of hardware.

1 Like

20-50psi is fine.

Cema

Then id say u put the paper filters in wrong

Have u tried 2 papera to make tighter seal i have to soak mime and almoat beat them out they in so goood

mine fits so tight with those rings it cant leak I use it on felt though

I would totally agree​:sob::sob::rofl::rofl::sob::sob: I popped that ring out and was super disappointed cause I knew I messed something up. 5 runs and no issues, 6th run, whoooooops. It’s all good, it was trash material, not a big loss, but I try to avoid total blunders.

sit and think if solvents clean powders?

Sit and think if pressurized liquid could push particulate matter… Lol, nice try thumper. Idiot.

you are the idiot- use an ultrasoinc bath and then a hose for pressure.

If I had that at the time I would have used it, bit I didn’t and was improvising and trying something new, no shame in that, you think you’re going to get under my skin but I have no respect for you thusly you are failing to have an impact, I believe the word is ineffectual… Idiot

I havent said shit to you . you are a pussy if you think im giving you a hard time= youre the dick.

yes, solvents can clean powders but (generally) not dissolve them.
you’ll still need to dislodge them if they are embedded in your sinter.

2 Likes