Flavorless Terpenes/Natural Thinning Agent

Does anyone know what is a clean thinning agent for distillate? I was wondering any specific terpenes I could buy or even a specific product? I add only 7% flavored terpenes in and its just too thick if its like that.

1 Like

Cuts/diluents are frowned upon here

10 Likes

This has been discussed all over the place here try giving the search bar a go :call_me_hand:

And then realize cutting carts is bad and get yourself some hardware that’s compatible with your materials viscosity.

@cart.farm can help in the compatible hardware category.

7 Likes

What would be a sufficient air hole size for 7% terpenes then?

http://logistics.farm/product-category/carts/

Any of those. Buy a few of each and found out what works

4 Likes

2mm aperture is good for thicker oil

5 Likes

We’ve been using CBC to add to formulation if we want it thinner. That way it keeps a cartridge formulation 100% Canna

9 Likes

Butane extract of fresh cbd flower will be your best cutting agent

6 Likes

I have always felt safe using another organic as a thinning agent for my carts and thats squalane nd not squalene from sharks. Its a natural lipid derived from a few diffierent sources but my most known origin of it being from olives. You do not get the olive taste and it has always worked for me rather well even though I am always open to better suggestions.

3 Likes

CBC, CBT, CBL, CBD extract, CBN, There’s a variety of minors that you can use to thin your cart versus using some shit that doesn’t even come from the cannabis plant.

5 Likes

Everyone is avoiding saying cbg like its a secret or something

6 Likes

I didn’t mention it because of it’s ability to readily crystalize (at smaller concentrations than CBD). But I’ve never actually made any carts with it, so I have no real world experience with other than eating it, or dabbing it.

2 Likes

Squalane is gross. Don’t use that.

Cannabicitran. Best answer.

2 Likes

As I mentioned when I was writing my suggestion I am not thinking that what I had used was the only answer or even the best but thats why I said I am always open to constructive criticism from ppl in the field longer than I. Thank you tho. Where would I acquire that other than possibly fractionally separating it out during distillation?

1 Like

Very much so. People who add cuts and thinners are whats made this side of the industry so shit.

Fuck that. Only thing that should be in THC carts is a concentrate and cannabis derived or hemp derived terpenes.

Edit: terpene types. Fuck food grade/synthetic terpenes and fuck botanical terpenes.

1 Like

10 a gram fam

2 Likes

What % cbg are you using in your mix? 1%? 5%?

6-10%

Could you elaborate a bit on why its the best, we’re currently searching for a solution and there’s just so little information. Would really appreciate it