Flavor of CBD rich hemp

I have bought a number of different strains of >10% CBD hemp and have yet to come across one that has anything but an earthy / pine flavor. Is this inherent to low THC flower or am I looking in the wrong places?

I have seen a few people over on reddit adding terps to flower but no SOP or anything in the way of tek.

Any input is appreciated!

1 Like

The flavor will be mainly decided by your terps, and hemp terps aren’t really a thing. Some farmers are growing beautiful hemp and is really rich in terps, but hemp terps, in my and many others opinion, are just meh.

1 Like

Anyone have experience with Suver Haze or Lifter?

I’ve had 3 different CBD strains that all had unique flavor profiles, there are definitely some “hemp” terps that come out really nicely. I think breeders are going to be shifting their focus here in the very near future.

3 Likes

They’ve been growing high quality high CBD female hemp flowers in switzerland for years with beautiful terpene rich aromas and flavours. It’s grown indoors and can have 20%+ CBD. I would the swiss strains would do well for US hemp farmers but it probably comes back to regulations or some other BS but the strains are out there

4 Likes

I used to extract a strain called ringo’s gift, it’s got a killer cherry flavor. I always thought all CBD tasted like that.

5 Likes

OOAdding terps My way on bulk flower
Take a terp readout from the biomass to be procesed
Take a readout of a sstrain You want to copy
Write down the terps missing in quantity or missing anyhow😀
Take a micro scale and make a mix of the terps You want to Ad
Freeze Some butane i do 100ml for every kg
Take a small garden spray that Can be pumped to pressure by hand
Pour terps in spray bottel Ad cold butane
Close botlle and let t temp come to room temp
Place a plastic on the Floor
Place biomass on plastic
Place big carton box over biomass i use fridge boxes but washingmachine or selfmade works to
Just make sure that the box is high
Then spray high above biomass 4ft minimum the terp coctail
Only 20% then swirl biomass spray again until all is used this way all ssides
Of the flowers are sprayed
Leave to cure for a day in open container
For butane that didn t Evaporate When falling down evaporates
And the terps blend in
All of the above outside for butane vapors a dangerous
And thats it

3 Likes

Can this be done with a different solvent?

Is the biomass already broken up or do you add to the whole flower?

By only 20% you mean to just spray 1/5 of the total terp cocktail and swirl (repeat x4)?

Try pine berry

1 Like

I have some results from steam extracted Suver Haze:

beta-myrcene: 460000 ug/g
trans-farmesene: 108000 ug/g
beta-ocimene: 45000 ug/g
beta-caryophylleene: 30800 ug/g
limonene: 24000 ug/g
a-pinene: 11400 ug/g
a-humulene: 11100 ug/g
linalool: 7000 ug/g
b-pinene: 6660 ug/g

• traces of 30 more.

So, yeah, there’s myrcene in it for sure…
Does anyone have a profile from suver haze flower?

1 Like

yeah, me too. I’ve hit at least 1/2 dozen strains that tasted like cherry before I found one that did not. my assumption is that the cherry taste is genetically linked to the high expression CBDsynthase allele. Phylos probably has that data.

1 Like