Flavor Discussion: Flavonol / Flavonoids and other flavor products

Looking to list out resources for all things Flavor. If you have products for sale as well.
Especially but not limited to Flavonols and other various Flavanoids.

I’m looking to tour / visit manufacturers that make the literal air around their buildings taste good.

Example: Sensapure.com is a local I’ve found.

If you have any resources please feel free to add.

Just trying to increase my resources and would be open to recommendations.

Have a Happy Halloween :ghost::jack_o_lantern:

1 Like

So correct me if I am wrong, but I was always under the impression that flavonoids had very little to do with the smell or “flavor” of cannabis. I understand the misconception because the prefix of the word flavus makes you think of the word flavor. However, the prefix flavus is actually a latin root word that means yellow. From my understanding flavonoids are typically pigments on the plant that attract pollinators.

Now there is a whole other argument about how the perception of pigments impacts the aroma and/or flavor of the plant. So I am sure flavonoids do modulate aromatics to a degree but seems like it is very minute.

Lastly, not to nitpick but you would think that this company would put on some gloves or basic PPE while doing a marketing shoot.

[spelling edit]

1 Like

@woodwardbdb smell and taste kind of go hand in hand I could understand far more things cause flavor & smell. I guess the expression of tasting the air leads me to add that some things off gas ever so pleasantly.

I took a wild stab and don’t have a focus primarily on them but if someone had some it would be cool to see pure. I definitely don’t want to limit the pursuit to flower/plant related only. But it would be nice to catalogue fragrances / flavors. Maybe that would be a better way to describe the pursuit. Things that smell and taste good and enhance products.

1 Like

I am fairly certain flavonoids are polar so using a a polar solvent to capture flavonoids would be your best starting point. Kind of makes me think of washing purple weed during solventless extraction, the water turns purple. I would imagine utilizing water on cannabis would work to attempt to increase the concentration of flavonoids.

1 Like

I just figured maybe some of the people fractioning and separating may have pursued Flavanoids or other parts that are more focused on taste / flavor / fragrance. But I’m definitely not limiting my pursuit to cannabis / hemp made only products.

1 Like
1 Like

“We note that our analysis only included one terpinolene-rich
variety, Trainwreck, due to their rarity in ice hash rosin form.
This is not unexpected as a previous survey of cannabis across
the United States showed terpinolene rich varieties to be less
common than the other dominant terpenes ß-caryophyllene,
limonene, and ß-myrcene.11 These varieties represent the
single terpene class that appears chemically distinct from the
others in multiple chemotaxonomic studies and are also
generally considered to produce the most consistently
energizing psychoactive effects.11,25,26,30”

“We hypothesize that some of these newly reported
compounds, like terpenes, may possess biological activity
that could influence the psychoactive effects brought on by
THC. Indole and skatole in particular may harbor functionality
due to their similarity to other compounds in nature with
similar chemical structure.50 For instance, the compound 3−
3′-diindolylmethane (DIM), which can be considered two
skatole molecules fused together through the 3-positioned
methyl group, has shown promising anticancer effects, as well
as been found to be a CB2 receptor agonist.51,52”

Fascinating. This sparked my mind a bit because I drive by their facility every day and love the air. Also makes me curious if it’s healthy lol.

I know of a specific cannabis Isoprene that has INTENSE psychedelic effects but nobody cares :face_with_spiral_eyes: lol, I was playing playing with these compunds years ago and learned nobody with the money in cannabis industry cares about anything other then making a dollar, so unfortunately it will be some pharmaceutical and oil companies that makes the money on hemp derived pigments and flavors :man_shrugging: this article is a big :fu::fu::fu: to all you haters!

2 Likes