Flash Chromatography vs CPC

yeah, throughput changes if its removal vs purification.

I used to use teledyne flash chromatography units to remove pesticides from dirty oil but some pesticides would come off at the same wave length as THC.

We also used them to purify oil all the way up to 90% delta 9, I wish I still had them to mess around on but oh well…

Is there anything put there that truly removes high % of thc from cbd…and removes it at large scales

1 Like

Is there a reason why you guys run the whole distillate through the CPC instead of chrystallising the CBD out, just run the mother liquid through the CPC to remove the THC and then combine the fractions again?

5 Likes

That is the reckomended method. 1 pass distillate to the cpc or flash.

Wait… I thought water and methanol don’t form an azeotrope?

1 Like

They don’t

1 Like

I’d check an Azeotrope table

Methanol and water are miscible but they do not form azeotropes, which means the water and methanol mixture can be separated by simple distillation

2 Likes

I know someone who has one in LA and is actually suing them rn.

2 Likes

Serves them right, their equipment doesn’t comply with any American safety standards.

1 Like

None of the companies mentioned are up to par with some other Centrifugal companies around…

Biotage is no good?

Biotage isn’t CPC

Thoughts on Kromaton?

2 Likes

Too small scale. Also, I don’t think they have any experience

Never used Kromaton…seems to small for my taste. The companies i’m talking about flow rates are min - 500l/h and max 18,000l/h. Don’t reinvent the wheel :sunglasses:

1 Like

Got one, have started using it yet. Expensive.

1 Like

We are also buying a Gilson unit, pretty excited about it.

4 Likes

Some combination of membrane filtration steps?

That is a good Noticce Cosmic! How was your experience?

I have been talking with Rotachrom and Gilson, and I have a better feeling for the Gilson CPC unit