Flash chromatography for sale

Hey gang, I have an interchim XS 420 For sale. Includes large column And a couple gradients for Thc remediation. Asking price is $42,000 And it’s located in Boulder Colorado.

2 Likes

Hey @Frankie please post all equip sales in Classifieds - Equipment for Sale from now on thanks!

What size is your “large column?” and whats the throughput and expected yields?

How much can you load into the column and how much comes out ND? and how muchc comes out compliant <.3% and how much comes out >.3%?

3 Likes

ND for what? D9-THC? Be specific

The answers to your questions are going to be entirely method dependent ie what your stationary phase is, mobile phase, detector etc. There are many stationary phases to choose from for reversed phase or normal phase, but for separating cannabinoids, especially isomers like D9THc and CBD, reversed phase makes the most sense chemistry-wise.

The better way to think about it would be to first develop a method on analytical hplc and then transfer to a preparative column. So the question you should be asking yourself is, how transferable is my method going to be to this interchim system and will I be able to reliably source a cartridge/column with the same stationary phase media as my hplc column?

The method should scale in a linear fashion if all parameters are consistent. This will also save you a lot of money instead of right away throwing tons of solvent at the preparative system.

About 2.5-5% of total weight for reversed phase flash column. Reversed phase always has a smaller loading capacity than normal phase media because reversed phase has less surface area due to the long c18 and function groups on packing material. That is probably one reason why @murphymurri uses silica to fractionate (read: is not chromatography) phytocompounds extracted with hydrocarbons.

2 Likes

It’s a 12.8cm column with ~800g of c18. 270g recommended input, about 60mins per run. The most time consuming part is solvent removal.

2 Likes

interchim sent me this table when I purchased the system. I think they base this output on a 24hr work day and shorter run times. This is possible if you have your preparation dialed in 100%.

$6000/column

1 Like

270g loading on a 800g column seems ridiculous. Are you sure you don’t mean 8000g?

2 Likes

It’s way bigger than an 800g column. Not sure the actual media mass because they don’t list that, but it’s a 12.8cm diameter column. They are fatties. Although, I thought the ITM-800 was a completely different model from the XS 420.

Yeah that sounds monstrous.

Yeah my bad it’s definitely a huge column a lot larger than 800 g worth of media

Why? I think you missed the first post. The OP said it was a column for remediation of THC. Which then lead me to the main questions EVERYONE asks about d9 remediation which is the throughput and expected yields. Can you load anything into this column and remediate other things than thc? Absolutely, but the main thing 95% of labs are remediating are d9 from cbd so I was simply helping the seller answer the questions that will help speed up this sale.

Again i was asking this question for his specific column.

I would say your explanation is very helpful and in depth for people getting into remediation and it could benefit a lot of people if it was its own thread.