Fishing and crabbing

Come out sometime. The property I’m building my house on has 1500’ of Willapa frontage and a sweet little hole

6 Likes

I lived by Bonneville dam for several years and had so many epic battles with absolute monster sturgeon in insane current. We got one that was pushing 13 ft we fought all night and into the morning from the bank. That was one of the most epic nights of my life.

8 Likes

The Willapa sturgeon are far more docile. I’ve fished Bonneville several times as well, those are true monsters

1 Like

Only got out for one trip in 2021 but we had 2 keepers and one monster snap off at the boat.

27 Likes

I looked up Corbina, they are related. They look more like the roundhead aka kingfish from the east coast. They are both in the drum family.

1 Like

The Columbia has tons of huge smallmouth bass Fyi.

Just not a real publicized fishery. But world class. 50 a day in the summer.

2 Likes

Stevenson WA right in town is such epic small mouth fishing at the right time of year.

3 Likes

Love the last pic of the sheephead. Too many ppl here on the east coast call sheepshead “sheephead” and I’m tired of it lol… try to tell them they’re 2 diff fish! Good looking spread you got there.

1 Like

Yup, don’t really fish in Ohio. We split our time between our homes in NEFL and Ohio so we re lucky enough to get on the intracoastal often when we re south. Sheepshead are the best fried fish IMO. Wahoo and flounder are amazing blackened… blah blah blah… love some saltwater filets.

1 Like

This is my Jenny 1

4 Likes

Wow that’s a beaut! I was wanting to get a old town and a Minn kota power drive trolling motor on it this season. My buddy has an 18’ Klamath that I usually go on.

8 Likes

Everyone tells me they are good eatin just hard to clean. Honestly we used to just catch and release.

Them teeth are so wild looking

1 Like
5 Likes

Winter in Colorado.

17 Likes

I grew up catching blue crab and flounders and sea bass in New York with my grandparents and those were my best childhood memories for sure. Since moving to Cali, I love fishing for some fun game fish like blue fin, yellowfin, yellow tail, and marlins on the coast of SoCal. My arm is ready to fall off after the first tuna, but damn it is an adrenaline rush. It would be dope to charter a big boat for a 420/710 fueled tuna trip into Mexico this summer with whoever is down!

19 Likes

You must have fought those guys for an hour plus lol. My arm was dead after pulling in the small guys in my pics… :rofl:

1 Like

It was brutal

1 Like

have you ever wimped out and gave up on a fish? or you trade the rod?

Trade the rod, or let the fish run for a while. They will tire themselves out too.

4 Likes

I know someone who wimped out on a yellowtail and he will never hear the end of it.

7 Likes