First tent grow condo buildout

Hello I recently acquired a 4x4 GG tent and have a 630 cmh but mostly wondering what all i’ll be needing to make it smell proof or at least take away most of the smell. I am in a legal state but dont want to have the place stinking. I was gonna get a carbon scrub and a can fan like a buddy told me. But also wondering what all i’ll be needing or if yall could show me your setups to get some ideas. Thanks happy hunting!

Carbon scrubber → air cooled light → fan → backdraft damper → out your window

5 Likes

Much appreciated!

If it’s a standalone 630 CMH (non-air cooled), it’s the same setup- carbon scrubber in the tent → fan → tent wall → backdraft damper → heat/smell out your window

1 Like

it has a reflector on it idk if thats considered air cooled

Just one of many different 4x4 basic setups. This, with small fans to circulate the air above and below the canopy, will get you started. Always try to keep anything that generates heat outside of the tent. Good Luck!

4 Likes

You can also use an ozone generator inside your exhaust ducting. Ozone is bad for plants and people for extended periods, but it is fine to mix into exhausted air. You should not be able to smell ozone in either your apt or the tent.

Also, exhausting any air makes your place like a negative pressure hospital room, in that it will keep the stinky air inside from creeping out your front door.

3 Likes

Excellent analogy with the negative pressure rooms. I’ve been in many of those. Most ICU’s only had 1 or 2. Now I think it’s more common.

That will create a huge negative air space in the house. This can/has made pilot lights for furnace and h20 tank to go out, causing issues.

Use a fan and exhaust hood air seperate from scrubbing air from the room.

2 Likes

A plug in speed controller for the exhaust blower might be useful. Blowers can also be wired through dimmer switches, as long as you match the rated amps on the switch. But I guess that goes for the plug in controllers, too. Always check the amp rating vs what the blower pulls.

2 Likes