First pass opinions

Its almost exactly like the zip lock vac sealers that look like bike pumps. Not sure the exact instructions, i pour and put ina vac oven (no vac) to remove all air bubbles. But like i said i rarely sit on any bottles longer than 48hrs so i personally havent teied it. I would imagine once cooled as close to room temp then you pump down the head space. Dont quote me just something my friend has in his shop.

What can happen to the distillate if it isn’t vacuumed? THC degrades or converts to something else?

If you’re referring to the lids? The amount of vac can easily be broken by hand, it’s just a way to remove oxygen for longer storage. No serious vacuum is used.

What’s the purpose of removing the oxygen or backfilling with n2? Does atmosphere hurt the distillate in some way?

It keeps it from oxidation on the top layer. It all depends on your customers it changes nothing other than the visual look. The oxidation that is it doesnt change potency. Usually coming from the heads not completely being removed, thats whythe hot condenser works so good

2 Likes

Search red ring of death

1 Like