First pass opinions

Hey Future Fam, I’m looking for opinions on my labs first Disty.

10 Likes

Not bad how are you scrubbing the material?

1 Like

looks beautiful. Got a COA?

1 Like

@Cheebachiefextracts no scrub!

@WolfeXtracts taking it to third party today. The Chemist that was helping believes it close to 80%, but I’ll know more in a few days.

1 Like

If you want better colors lemme know

2 Likes

Cool. Thanks!!

1 Like

You can’t base anything off color. If it’s rock solid and explodes/ shatters you should expect 90% or higher.

I’ve had 99.4% it looked brown in a jar. It exploded pieces everywhere at room temp.

5 Likes

And how do you achieve better colors on a first pass?

1 Like

Just did my first solo run the other day and your first pass is definitely lighter than mine

1 Like

My chemist’s trade secret… just kidding. Let me see if this is repeatable before I give you some wild goose chase info.

1 Like

Congrats on your first run ! How great did that feel ?! Can’t wait for the day I achieve that first pass!

3 Likes

It’s almost like I felt when my kids were born!! But, I want to be clear. A Chemist held my hand through the process.

5 Likes

If you’d like color remediation it’s simple & easy tek dm me.

3 Likes

Make sure you vac seal those jars. Also backfill with inert gas helps also.

Looks great for 1st pass. Just keep those microns low, and swap flasks at the correct time is key.

2 Likes

Here’s another pic! This stuff is for sale.

1 Like

What happens if they aren’t backfilled and sit for a week or two in a climate controlled room? I imagined mason jars would be pretty airtight considering how they hold enough pressure to make diamonds and pop lids. So never worried about oxygen getting in or something

Oxygen is already in it when you closed it. It’s better to freeze the distillate so it isn’t permeable if you can not vacuum the jars.

1 Like

raschig rings will reject cannabinoids so you can pull the azulene off without bringing your body with it. those rings will also reject tails so you can pull more body, beyond packing media are clays and adjusting ph.

2 Likes

You can also get these plastic lids that replace the metal one that tou manually pump all oxygen out. My friend sells them in his shop here local ill get a pic and more info 2maro. Ive never used them, its gone as soon as its done but for 20$ roughly cant burt to try

1 Like

Just make sure you reheat the distillate or heat while vacuuming to ensure all of the O2 is out. I don’t know the exact temperature but i wouldn’t go past the highest temperature of your system.