First indoor grow — Mars hydro TS 2000LED

Hey hello has someone tried this lights? This is my first indoor grow, i want to start with this lights?
I will really appreciate any recommandations and advises also with the soil, nutrients. I wiil want to Start with 2 tents of 4x4x6 .

Have you already purchased if not I have a better suggestion

4 Likes

I agree I don’t like vendors that make bs claims like 2.5g/watt it’s so god damn misleading!

I am using quantum boards HLG versions and pretty happy with them. Imo either purchase from here https://www.ledgrowlightsdepot.com/ or go direct via from China. Better bang for your buck and quality LED A rated binned.

I am a firm believer you want to overkill on lights than under. Unless you only want fluffy useless nugs.

4 Likes

@QCM that’s exactly what I was going to say hahahaha

2 Likes

1 Like
2 Likes

2.5g g/w

Holy smokes, that’s gotta be the most blatant lie ever.

4 Likes

I have used HPS/MH for over 15 years and then went to burple LED’s. Now I use these and have good results. I have never tried CMH but no a few who do and love them. For sea of green where you don’t need as much penetration as tall spaced out plants
https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Bars-LED-Grow-Light-Replacing-Fluence-SPYDR-2p-2i-Gavita-Pro-1700E-HLG-550/283870957599?hash=item421807101f:m:mXwWLcDjvhQngdNWisAuoaQ

Check out these ceramic metal halide lamps. Less heat than LEDs. Multiple units can be daisy chained. 315w.

If you are on a budget then start here the broker for company speaks engrish but is very nice and will work a GRE deal for you

Nice find on those lights! Have you tried any of those?

I was trying to but then Rona happened and killed my shipping plans

But ya I know some people who have had great results mostly with autos sog

Impressive parts list and led count for the price. I’ve used LED for veg and they were fantastic; no stretch in the plants, fast vigorous growth.

shitty chinese junk lights with crappy led’s

2 Likes

If you go the cmh route, dont buy a pre-fab kit. You can use your old hood. This way you only need a cmh bulb, ballast and adapter.

4 Likes

will a dual 315w cmh work in place of a 1000w DE in a 5x5 area?

From the research I’ve done and a bunch of info stated here on Future, it won’t hold up in weight. If you’re growing for extraction of any kind, the CMH 4200k spectrums seem to be producing frostier material. So while the overall weight may not be up there with a 1kw bulb, the lower wattage and higher resin production could be enough to outweigh the losses. This is not tested and is really only valuable if you’re processing the material or just simply looking to grow the highest quality flower you can. Anyone feel free to correct me if my studies have taught me wrong! :woman_shrugging:

Edit: I should also add most people’s opinions on the dual bulb fixtures is that they’re more efficient in their own separate hoods.

1 Like

I’ve done testing with Philip’s 942 (4200k) and philips 930 (3000k) in flower. 930 flower bulb produced more weight. The 942 bulb produces 2-3oz less per room, BUT had better trich coverage, and less cycling of the ac unit, as its 3*f cooler than its 930 bulb.

This was in a controlled setting, same number of strains, plants, temps, rh, co2, medium, nutes, ect.

I have cmh dialed in about as good as it gets. I can pull weight with my little 1265w total.

My test thread can be found on a certain “farm” website.

5 Likes

Wondering here, @Demontrich do you have overall bio weight (no sugar leaf) and dried and trimmed smokable weight numbers? Would you be willing to share if so?

1 Like