First distillation setup help

Hey all, I am putting together my first ethanol/distillate lab. I am thinking Delta cup 30, Capna ARES falling film and 2 5L Lab Society short paths. What am I missing?

distillation, extraction, rotovap, falling film

Chillers, pumps, kegs, filtration

2 Likes

Thank you for your input. Are there good places to purchase this stuff?

1 Like

@spdking always says he’ll beat anybody else’s invoice on (quality)chillers and pumps I believe. He’s got a house and machine shop to rebuild after the fires In Cali and would probably appreciate the business.

3 Likes

Thank you so much. It’s hard to find info on all this stuff.

1 Like

Do I need a lenticular filtration system for this setup?

1 Like

It’s one of many options

Youre going to want equipment to prepare the biomass for extraction otherwise your yields will be low and you will lose a lot of solvent each run, even with the centrifuge.
You will want filtration.
You will want something to chill your solvent and/or chill your solution.
Vacuum Pumps. Chillers. Heaters. Hoses. Circulation pumps. Gaskets.
And if you have the money, you will want secondary and tertiary replacement equipment as pumps, chillers, gaskets and clamps tend to break often.
If operating your lab, a good percentage of your time will be spent fixing everything.

Are you going for industrial production or craft? Cannabis or hemp?
If industrial, then just buy a failed hemp lab. There are plenty of them out there.
Unless in an up-and-coming legal cannabis market, extraction will be a huge loss.

Have you been through this thread yet?

Thank you very much for the info. We have decided to go butane. I want to make the fancy stuff. I think we will have more fun and the market in OKC is still new. We can jump in before it gets too saturated. I’ve seen some developments happening in OKC that will have the commercial distillate companies ruling all the trim in no time. There is a ton of average outdoor in OKC. Mexican dirt that can either be processed or sold for cheap. I would rather grow some amazing stuff and process that.