first distillation need a little help (red)

sorry what do you mean

If you hook your vacuum pump up to your gauge with nothing else attached, what does it read?

1 Like

not sure i didnt check when i get home il try and tell you.

This way you’ll know if it’s your vac, or the glass.

My 2021i reads 1 micron when hooked directly up to my gauge.

2 Likes

Got my vac down to 166

Decent, but your 2021i should be able to reach a lower vac.

Did you let it heat up? Ballast open or closed?

So your pump needs some love and it looks like you have a small leak somewhere on your glass as well.

2 Likes

Prior to pulling a deep vacc. Try to “squeeze” the system together while it’s on low vacc that will help get your joints on a little tighter and help with leaks before you hit a deep vacc.

That pump should pull single digits, sounds like a flush is needed at least, maybe a rebuild…

1 Like

Well I’m glad i didn’t throw it away. I distilled everything into one flask then i did a 2nd pass on it… lighting in the photo below is horrible. looks good in a cartridge. Going to test it this week for all the suspects. Got about 200ml of distillate. My vac was also below 100 but went up towards the end to like 250. I tried it and its pretty strong a slight smokey taste towards the end. took the sample from the top of the flask so maybe it was a little bit of the tails? idk. but this was MY FIRST SPD thanks to everyone on this site its been a journey . not too bad for the first time

3 Likes