Finally did it (SPD)!

I’d like to thank this community for sharing their knowledge and experiences. The open source movement is what’s going to get us to become a Star Trek level civilization and I look forward to contributing. I’m new to both extraction and Star Trek…but I love both! I started processing a year ago and had hoped to be distilling last fall. But there were setbacks after setbacks and blablabla.

It’s my birthday today and I’m pretty stoked with the gift I got of a decent 1st time 1st passin’ on my janky 2L Chinese rig. I know this is basic skill stuff to most people here but…

This is the result of some warm ethanol extracted 10%cbd biomass.

Started with 500g of prepped crude:

Winterized
Carbon Scrubbed
Hexane Saline Wash pH4,ph8,ph7
Decarb 140-150
First Pass — mains hit 190-205 mantle 174-184 head — vac between 160-250 microns…got up to 500 between fractions on my Alcatel 2021i that got down to 25micron blanked off into my super bee vac gauge.

50-60C condenser temp

I switched to mains a little too soon and there was a small layer of light slight green terpshit on the top that I sucked out with syringe…

Also screwed up and didn’t think about the fact that if I started with 500g that I was going to end up with more than the 250ml i was able to collect at a time…going to work on monocow swapping tomorrow. I don’t have a proper valve so I’ll probably start by cracking my shitty thermocouple thing. Probably a horrible idea.

Anyway…money shots

Thanks Again!

7 Likes

Looks pretty good!

2 Likes

Looks great! I know the feeling of accomplishment your experiencing. Congrats!

2 Likes

Way to go, and happy belated birthday! May the force be with you. :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

Thanks! I still have a lot to learn but I feel like this was definitely a milestone. Looking forward to making more goodness. Friends and family fighting cancer and epilepsy is good motivation.

1 Like