Filtration to clean up Disty Color

Hey All,
I currently run ethanol washes through the delta cup and filter using a Heyes lenticular filter. I am looking into lightening up my distillate end product. I was thinking of adding in a carbon filter. What are some ways I can lighten up my distillate color without spending an arm and a leg on new equipment?

Have you hit the search bar yet? You have lots of options.

I’d recommend either:

Dissolving in a non polar solvent, filter through the CRC powders, recover solvent, and re-distill

Or…

Just run another pass, low and slow is the way

10 Likes

Short path or wfe for your distillation?

1 Like

Assuming you have DE cartridges for your lenticular, you could grab a carbon lenticular cartridge and do a second pass. 1 pass DE 1 pass carbon. Have you looked into simply adding carbon to your boiling flask with your decarbed oil?

You could dissolve first pass disty in heptane, and do Mag sil scrub filter out mag sil and do t5 scrub, filter out t5 and recover solvent then do second pass.

Short Path

Decarb and run it over AC.

This. Sometimes I run it 3x. That will get you a nice clear yellow, instead of the orange/amber you regularly see from a lot of labs.

1 Like

I’ve posted this a few times, but yeah you can get damn near water clear in the spd with nothing but patience. This was an older LS 5 liter w/silvered head, ai mantle, t40 cold trap, and a probably underpowered crv pro

3 Likes

Wow, nice work there!

2 Likes

This was done via pentane and media from @Shadownaught

Many ways to skin that cat