Filtering solvent

I’m not sure if this will do anything but, would it clean your gas of some mystery oils ect if you were to run your solvent through a empty cls (distil) with a filter dryer and crc filter inline with media’s?

Would the solvent going into the media catch/pick up/absorb anything?

Just thinking out loud.

1 Like

I think it would remove some of the oxidized carbon we see when distilling tane but I doubt it would catch the mystery oils as our goal is to let the cannabis oil thru and with that the mineral/mystery oil would pass thru your CRC

I always distill all my gas before letting it touch my material columns

2 Likes

Cool cool.

Definitely distilling, jus a random question.

I have a buddy who passes his fresh gas through a CRC into the collection vessel then distills it.

He swears by it.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t that just gunk up your CRC with mystery oil?

4 Likes

That’s what I’m saying… in theory… :man_shrugging:t4:

Clean your media afterwards or toss

2 Likes

Clean it

2 Likes

That would be the only thing I’d do with it, then clean my crc stack after.

3 Likes

Would the crc media catch all the mystery oil in 1 pass?

I don’t know if it would be worth it if not right?

Maybe a dedicated column for a good amount of media if it did catch them all almost like a crc for when you want to distill? I’m just thinking out loud say you tested it and somehow like 3000 grams or some big number was the magic number to clean all solvent in 1 pass. At that point you’d just have a column for filtering solvent separate from your crc right?

1 Like

Toss it out, mystery oil is a mystery…so it’s better left out of the equation.

4 Likes

Even if the mystery oil didn’t pass thru the CRC (which I believe it woul), Given the option to either toss out media or clean out recovery, I would probably clean the recovery 9 times out of 10

3 Likes

Forsure

Why not use “spent” media in 1 last act of sacrifice to the Gas Gods? I don’t see a reason to waste good media, when the used media could potentially be as effective?

1 Like

Wouldn’t the spent media deposit soaps, waxes and colors back into your recovery pot, which you would then need to clean anyways ?

Might work if you could keep it in a cake somehow :thinking:

3 Likes

I feel like this is something that alot of the guys would be doing and we would know it as a regular thing if we could clean solvent in 1 run right?

Do we know of anything definitive that catches any of the mystery oil that you could use for media?

1 Like