Filter Tube for centrifuge ( THC Isolate ) (need help)

Just got these , 30 Min spin ~4kRPM everything pass throw as liquid!

@Fungnificent How do you keep ur fuge and tube low temp?:roll_eyes:

THCA does not magically crystallize IN the fuge.
you’re merely performing filtration.
what makes you think there were solids in there to start with? (did @moronnabis tell you that?)

you gotta start with sugar sugar…. :kissing_heart:

I prewarm my fuge to 40C before playing this trick. then tuned the speed to keep it between 35-40C. this makes the liquid less viscous, leaving cleaner solids.

3 Likes

You are right my bad, i need to edit that.

so this means most or /all of the oil i used is decarbed right ?

why?

maybe tell us what you used…

I started testing with some old oils which collected from the end of cartridges, and I believe the oil is decarbed

Absolutely.
That’s how they made it work in the cart.

You’re probably starting with distillate in your market.

Which is about as far as you can get from the correct starting point (given the legal status where you are, you may also be dealing with diluents, but either way, not a viable starting point).

Start here: YOC Dirty Diamond Tek - THCa isolation from Crude

if you can’t see crystals in your input, there won’t be any in the filter when you’re done…

1 Like

okay im going to test this bho extract @cyclopath

2 Likes

Glass or stainless would make me more comfortable, especially if that’s what it was extracted into. Materials compatibility is important.

I assume that is unpurged? :+1:

Looks sufficient.

I don’t see that screen staying put anywhere but there, where it reduces your loading capacity…but I haven’t tried it & @Fungnificent says they have so :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

A heat gun can help with forming something to a specific shape, if the model of strainer one has doesn’t come with sufficient top-ring mass to just cut down to size

3 Likes

Yes, sir, I agree with you. I didn’t extract it directly into plastic. Since I didn’t have a second jar, I fit some oil into this one.

It’s not fully purged. It was extracted with butane (Open Loop), then was purged with a hot water bath for a long time**(near 48hrs keept the oil around 40-60c). After that, it was transferred to jars.Also, I extracted it about 30 days ago, so some butane should have evaporated by now.

ps**: My vacuum pump stopped working so i made to purge / keep them like this until now.

1 Like

Running stuff that hasn’t seen vac yet is my preference.

Solids will be essentially purged after centrifuge ( I decarb under vac, so no purge required).

“HTE” may or may not need to purged post separation. Depends on how much solvent was in there and which fuge it was run in/what temps it was run.

2 Likes

Ty for information.
I understand these much better now while I’m doing it…

1 Like

Not your average optical bench…
But clearly in situ spectroscopy.

“Moronnabis” reports that there is evidence to suggest nanocrystalline dispersions.

And that “butane works but no theory”…

https://doi.org/10.1117/1.JBO.18.4.046009

3 Likes

@cyclopath Am i going well ?

Each picture was taken after 1.5 hours of a run (2 x 45 minutes). The last picture shows what happens after nearly six hours

My fuge process is taking a little longer than I imagined. I’m running it for 45-55 minutes each round at around 3400-3600 RPM.

(*i cant go above 3500RPM , my Fuge start being little noisy and im living in an apartment…)

2 Likes

I refer you again to YOC Dirty Diamond Tek - THCa isolation from Crude

Those 5x10^6 G.sec take me a couple of hrs….

I don’t understand what that means…

You’re spinning each batch 2x 45min?

Or

You’re throwing a second batch of “sugar” on top of one that has already been spun?

To what end?

They look like progress, but based on those pictures id probably recommend 15x10^6 G.sec to “overnight”.

3 Likes

Hahaha, the second guess is crazy! wonder if someone try that.

I posted three pictures; each picture shows 1.5 hours of a run (2 x 45 minutes). The last picture shows what happens after nearly six hours.

1 Like

Have you seen the equation for calculating RCF?

It involves the square of the swing radius. You’ve got all your stuff at the top of the tube, where the G’s are less.

Couple or 3cm further down the tube and you’d have more joy.

Note: got it wrong here (Doh!!).

It’s RPM^2

2 Likes

Ty for the hint!
cant wait to try this with bags.

2 Likes

My team seems to think I’ll spin almost anything…

6 Likes

fak i laugh so hard

Your team made a custom ( Dont touch ) label for u ,lol

1 Like