Filter socks are all just a little too large

Is it just me or all all extraction socks sizes a tad over sized? Anyone know a company other than xtractor depot?

1 Like

Bizzybee

2 Likes

Hi Wahsa, we carry a large supply or range of filter bags. I would have to know the size of the ones you use now to know if these are out of standard bag spec. Thank you, Greg

Wahsa, I have some material socks for sale on my website. They fit snuggly around a 6" ferrule for packing and are oversized by 4" in length to compensate for users who have either a filter plate or bowl reducer that allows for the extra room.

Your washer got a “sanitize” feature? I shrunk mine…

And you can always hit up @harryvan

1 Like

Corlee Valve and Fitting; Custom Micron and Sock Size available at great prices (at least compared to ETS)

1 Like

From our experience, a slightly undersized sock by the right dimensions will stretch upon packing and should form a snug fit that isn’t too difficult to load/unload.

These are the socks offered on our website.

Oversized socks are quite difficult to impossible to load and too undersized can cause channeling around the sock.

2 Likes

I think socks are mediocre at best. I can’t figure out why everyone isn’t using the Iron Fist column packer/unpacker.

It saves time, increases yield and constancy.

I saw this at a GLG meet a few years ago save it’s brilliant.

“Scientific 710 LLC - Iron Fist – Scientific 710, LLC” Iron Fist | Cannabis Extraction Equipment | Extraction Column Packing

1 Like

My guess would be for work flow, you can have the sock already packed and slap it right in and vac.

I’d like to see a system that fills socks like a sausage stuffer

4 Likes

It is non-trivial to achieve 48”(+?!?) clearance above 48” columns in most C1D1 booths sold in this industry.

I know @DropWise has the vertical space (30’ ceiling), but that’s the only booth I’ve seen that even comes close.

Certainly doesn’t work in a shipping container…

4 Likes

My 12’ ceilings are gonna come in handy

4 Likes

2x 2 foot socks would solve that

1 Like

That’s how I get socks in, but it doesn’t help with the iron fist…

2 Likes

Measure your column, subtract 0.25 inch or w/e amount you want for clearance and get them made for cheap exactly the size you want.

https://www.knightcorp.com/

3 Likes

My socks don’t let the column hold 5lbs like it says…we could get 4.5 bit we stick w 4lbs per column w 2 columns

@cyclopath I’ve never ran into material saturating so bad until I started running a 8-10b in 2 column rig…we use the jacket w dry ice…run -70c solvent …we tried no soak, soak 5-15 min. We only have 5:1 capacity but we could keep it frozen and rerun if we had too…or half way through injection start recover and since we have a double recovery coil and our tank has a loop on the recovery side we could just send it right back down the tubes again

But we keep getting pooling in the bottoms of the column and there’s not enough nitrogen in the world to get it out,

What do ppl do about this

It’s all passive and we have started recovering half way through to give some extra pull and to shave off time. That helped a lot but every time we stop getting solvent and try and try to get more when we take the socks out the bottom 1/4 is soaking wet. Am I not keeping it frozen enough or does the material need to not be dry not frozen? I’m lost it’s a crc run w ,6x36 columns 2 and 6x24 crc

2 Likes

Man I thought I’d answered your questions on our call today. You’ve gotta pull the column quicker unless you plan to recover with heat. Otherwise it’s gonna keep pooling. Welcome to 6” columns.

Hit me up

5 Likes

Big rigs run differently than 1 or 2 lb rigs.

You’re icing the column…so that butane isn’t going to want to leave without some motivation…

2 Likes

What these men said.

I fucking love my keenovo column heaters. One way or another, you gotta overcome the refrigerant qualities of your solvent.

Work great in my experience. Of course, this is from trap days. I wouldn’t consider this C1D1 appropriate by any stretch.