Filter reactor vs round botton reactor for isolate

Can a round botton reactor efficiently make isolate? I ordered 2 reactors one for isomerization, conversion . the other one from a seperate company was supposed to be a filter reactor but the company who will remain nameless sent me a round bottom vessel with no reflux condensor and imperfections in the glass . Im sending this one back . Id like to use the one complete and functional reactor as an all in one temporary solution until the filter reactor arrives. Any suggestions on bang for the buck filter reactor manufacturers? Cascade science seems way to over priced along with asahi.

1 Like

Can you use it? Yes. It’s the the best or most easy to use setup. Maybe not.

Depending on your process it can be a real pain to use a glass reactor. For instance if you make your isolate by creating one large cake and you then break up that huge cake it’s probably a bit risky to be chipping chunk of isolate out of a glass vessel.

But if you are using the reactor to initiate nucleation and then plan to crash the solution outside of the reactor in buckets or something it could be a great solution to make isolate.

1 Like

Who sells a good filter reactor?

Agreed , i have a 10 inch sintered disc filter with 14 inch column that might catch most of the psuedo nucleation. Pulling vac from a rotovap to collect the solvent…

A good one starts around 160k , cheap ones are about 14 to 24k. So many models and companies .

1 Like

The customers who purchased our reactor are very satisfied with our equipment, and I will give you the most suitable price,please connect us!