Filter plate question

Sorry if this question seems a little, well, dumb I guess. If you could help me figure this out I would appreciate it.

I ordered and picked up some parts to increase the size of my closed loop extractor. I picked up a 1.5" to 3" filter plate a solid filter ring, and a 150 micron screen. The intention is to use it in place of the gasket/screen combo I’ve been nervously using since the beginning waiting for one to blow out.

Is the solid ring not supposed to fit snug down inside this filter plate and sit on top of the mesh screen? Do you think they gave me one too large? Am I not understanding this thing at all correctly?

I ordered: " 1 × 3" Solid Ring For Filter Plate"

This is what it looks like.

@nocarrier

“The intention is to use it in place of the gasket/screen combo I’ve been nervously using since the beginning waiting for one to blow out.”

Safety question, is a combo screen/gasket inherently dangerous?

Do most advise against using them ? For if the get backed up and clogged they may blowout causing a leak in the system?

For that to happen the mesh gasket would have to blow out first. Assuming what you do is pack the filters on top of the scree gasket.

i was referencing these. I’m trying to get away from these to use the above. Questions are regarding the above. Not these buna n mesh gaskets.

Take the screen out, place a piece ashless filter paper to the plate a holes. Place screen on top paper and use the retention ring to hold the paper down( the paper is the only piece you’ll need to buy)
This ones for free!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BVV-Ashless-Filter-Papers-125MM-Quantitative-Grade-42-Slow-2-5um/283523911793?hash=item4203579071:g:rqsAAOSwaENbTL5C

Like so

Btw if ur ring doesn’t fit u got the wrong size use the squeeze ring in place the solid ring( I like the solid ones better though, look up 3" tri clamp filter plate ring combo

2 Likes

So they sold me the wrong retaining ring. thats what i thought.

@StoneD thanks man. i appreciate the tip on the paper as well! Ill pick some up while im at usalab tomorrow exchanging the ring. i reckon they have some of that.

1 Like

my experience with bvv has varied , they have sent multiple wrong parts to me or wrongg sizes, i am happy with the neocision 1.9cf oven, and the stainless #30 solvent tank, i am going to pick some items up from @Killa12345 this week, dude is solid and very helpful, as are most of the future members i have come accross

1 Like

Not all sanitary parts have the same inside dimension. Mixin’ and matching parts is always a roll of the dice.

3 Likes