Filter media / CRC

I have been looking and reading and between the knowledge and the push lol I want to look back into BHO. I know I need something better to use. As of a right now Waiting on some pricing on something new or upgraded equipment and maybe a new bit bigger 1/4 lb

I wanted to better understand the filtering as I was playing with this on my Eth washes. I was using all sorts of different media to filter with vac and cleaned up some nasty stuff. I ended on 3 I thought was best.

I have an understanding most are using butane to extract and re-dissolving in butane and pushing through a CRC media chamber with nitrogen push.

I read some are using Eth for the process through a funnel which I have done. not after a BHO push though.

So some q’s

Does an Eth wash after BHO and reclaim lose terpenes? I know under vac in a roto you can end up losing them. Can not seem to find an answer.

Can I use 545, t-5, ACD 325 in a stinted filter during a BHO run? Or will this cause too much pressure in the vessel and cause failure.

Is it worth an inline run with BHO and does this need Nitrogen assistance to help push it through?

I was looking into making diamonds and wanted not to have to add to the process to filter CRC if possible. If I can blast, filter, and reclaim in one run I would much rather have to reprocess all of it again.

Yes you can do it all in one run with butane.
Yes you can make diamonds with it
Yes it makes it easier to make diamonds.
I think you should do a lot of reading before attempting to do this, maybe read some more
If you have questions you can ask…,be safe

A lot of what you wrote I couldn’t understand, but by my response to what I think you asked, is above, and I wouldn’t use EtOH for anything other than cleaning my rig with,
I’ve never had luck making diamonds from ethanol, or any kind of alcohol…some people have, though
I don’t know what acd or whatever that number name was, and not to be a dick but if you call things by what they really are called, it’s easier for people to help you. 545? I know it’s Celite but call it by it’s name(diatomaceous earth, or celite or celite545 but just that number throws people off…)
I’ll reread your post again to try to re-answer your shit before I go to work!

Defitintely read up a lot but you need at least a 1micron disk, and once you do it safely and understand the pressures, I’ve had my crc at 100psi before…so I use nitrogen assist or hot loop…
To avoid using nitrogen you’d need to use a hot loop(the pump pushing vapor into the tubes instead of recovering it…
Okay I gotta go!

I appreciate Dyslexia and ADHD do not help thoughts be concise

I know how to make diamonds had a little lunck with Etho but, know tane is the way to go
I’m not a novice with most of this I was trained to extract with hydrocarbons just new to CRC.

Does an Eth wash IE winterization after BHO and reclaim lose terpenes?
I know under vac in a rotovap you can end up losing them. Is this still the case ?.

Media I am using
diatomaceous earth 545
T-5
Activated Carbon size 325

Do I need to assist to push through media?
Do I need something better than the filter plate to pack it into?
What should I watch for on the pressure I am sure it will add some to the normal run pressures?

You kind of hinted at your own answer there about EHO and terpenes. No the solvent doesn’t necessarily remove terpenes, but due to the much higher boiling point compared to butane you will most likely lose a good amount of your monoterpenes during evaporation. Try keeping the roto bath as cool as you can to recover, like 30C. There should still be plenty of taste left in the extract as long as you don’t go too harsh on recovery.