Fermented Plant Juice (FPJ) of Cannabis/Hemp

I’m really not sure what forum this belongs in.
I’m thinking of how the fermentation process of Fermented Plant Juice makes nutrients bioavailable to not only plants but humans as well. Which is why i’m considering this an extraction tek for my purposes.
I just got finished with the PureKNF Level 1 Course they have up on youtube for the second time. (Almost 20 hrs worth of information and I recommend it to anyone interested in KNF.) In the 2nd video I remember an audience question about fermenting Cannabis.
I have a question regarding fermenting cannabis/hemp leaves and/or flowers for human consumption using the FPJ method and then taking that further and making cannabis vinegar after with the “waste” material. I am wondering specifically about the medicinal properties and the possible chemical changes that could occur with cannabinoids during the fermenting process. I am thinking of the potential nutritional value of hemp and the nutritional value and cannabinoid extract being completely bioavailable using the fermenting process all while keeping the active cannabinoids and THC only in its acid form (THC-A) thus side skirting local Delta-9 level restrictions @ .3%.
Anyone have any experience or is interested in doing some long distance rNd with me feel free to DM.

3 Likes

Hmm if u can tolerate the taste, it should be better for you than juicing leaves.
If u get alot of buds or trichomes in there, it takes alot longer for it to break down.
Maybe u need to send a sample in for nutritional testing

1 Like

this my shit right here

sending DM shortly- I’ve been working with novel fermentation for many years, some people call me “Pickles”

I have recently been doing a lot of work with aspergillus orzaye and related koji strains for novel fermentations of food and drink, there is a batch of thai style pork sausage that was innoculated with yellow koji finishing up in my curing chamber right now and it looks absolutely terrifying. mold meat freaks people out, but its going to incredible charcuterie, I started fermenting proteins when I worked at Emerils Delmonico in New Orleans at age 19.

currently also fermenting ethanol for fuel and solvent purposes, and enjoyment- while in Vermont I worked with the data analyst for caledonia spirits on a consulting gig and learned a ton about ethanol distillation and batch fermentation- recently bottled 50gal of a viking style blood mead that included cherry wine variety hemp flower in the mash along with 15 other medicinal herbs- high thujone content in angelica archangelica and overall formulation of strong heart strengthening herbs means that the effects are highly stimulating and can even lead to heightened agression amongst some of the folks who have sampled it. I have witnessed the effects firsthand, dangerous potion but hey vikings used to drink this stuff before raiding so it makes sense. I am letting about 15gal go to vinegar over the next few months- seeing the effects sans alcohol should be interesting.

I do a lot of work with wild yeast harvest and development of strains- also spent time studying with Pascal Baudar while I was trapped in the hellhole that is Los Angeles and highly reccomend his books and taking a class with him if you get the chance and are in the area.

4 Likes

Got any tips on fermenting puree? Everything says rough chop, but you try rough chopping prickly pears… Fuck that. This color is amazing, more magenta than beets. The light brown is banana. I also added puree comfrey.

It’s not fermented, but prickly pear jelly is amazing.

2 Likes

Agreed, these sat a bit to long in that bucket for human consumption. Also, I’d much rather put this on my outdoor.

1 Like