Federal Cannabis Legalization May Be Close

Marijuana Moment, an online cannabis publication, reports that sources on Capitol Hill say lawmakers could file legislation to federally legalize cannabis as early as mid-July. And senators are pressuring the President to use his executive power to deschedule the plant and pardon nonviolent offenders. Then, Boston’s Back Bay neighborhood gets its very first legal dispensary. And High Times is elevating its legacy with a legal consumption lounge in West Hollywood! Plus, why do edibles cost more in Maine? We’ve got it all covered from coast to coast on this week’s episode of Weed Talk News! Anchored by Alaina Pinto.

3 Likes

Did Mitch McConnell die?

Cuz that’s what it’s gonna take to get federal legalization.

12 Likes

Never gonna happen imo

I feel like I’ve heard this before…

2 Likes

I was this close

This bill is so gross. No expungements, no clemency, no way!!

10 Likes

This comes up every single time the democrats are about to get blown out in a mid term. If you still believe them, I have a really nice bridge for sale in San Francisco…

9 Likes

Let’s put together a charity BBQ or something to fund some lobbying efforts

2 Likes

I was just thinking about the idea of crowdfunded lobbying… there are a few unknown cos that do it, but I think if done properly that’d blow up

3 Likes

I think were still partners on that bridge or was mine the other one. Eitherway lots of bridges for sale

3 Likes

Ah, here comes the loop again, anyone notice it?

Till they fuck off with 280E who gives a shit.

The fact that the forum hasn’t turned into a lobbying effort is gross and cringe af. Discounts and circle jerks that’s all that’s left

12 Likes

We know who to call :wink:

3 Likes

well, they have fucked up so bad, i’m sure they will try to do anything to get elected again.

1 Like

1 Like

Sure, they’ll legalize it… for money…

2 Likes

It’s going to be an implemented in some strange way similar to alcohol where it’s still highly restricted yet legal to purchase via government channels it’s even more rules than when it was illegal maybe I could get a government job being a regulator and I’ll get on everybody’s case telling them not to use pesticides I can come to everybody’s homegirl and test the s*** and then bust them and arrest them and put them in jail for pesticide

Joe Biden has Covid and is about to die so just imagine cackling Kamala so proud to legalize cannabis she’ll probably smoke a joint in front of everybody

1 Like

I edited this post after I recognized that there’s actually people in prison for weed. I forgot about that so yes, Legalize It federally and let everybody out of jail. I had forgot that upon legalization people should be free that’s what they did in Thailand is to free people.

If and when it’s federally legalized I can tell you 2 things

1. More people will go to federal prison
  2. Prices will go up

The last text I read on a marijuana law being hyped in front of Congress made it a 5 year penalty in federal prison to evade the marijuana sales tax. I for one do no think it will ever be legalized federally. Why give up the fact that you can only write off the cost off goods sold, effectively slamming organized producers on taxes.

3 Likes