FDA banning menthol cigs

I’d be interested in playing with it if you decide you can sell. Thanks

2 Likes

It could give rise to clandestine sales, and more confrontations with law enforcement. A lot of things are harmful but still on sale - still… the government is allowing them, ironic isn’t it?

1 Like

Your right you can’t run flower through these machines which use a form of compression to insert the material into the tubes with the material expanding because crushed/ground tobacco allows air to pass through expanding it.

This is why regardless of who is making the hemp cigs…they are made with the shittiest material you can find. Sprayed on terps for smell however empty one of those tubes and you will realize people are smoking dried up stems.

1 Like

It took way less time to take flavored Juul pods off the shelves, why would cigarettes take longer?

Also just learned what flavor cards are today, tempted to start distributing those…

1 Like

Not entirely correct. JUUL was never taken out of the market by the FDA. JUUL screwed the entire vape industry by announcing they would themselves take their product off the market. Allowing anti-vaping groups to really use that to hammer the vape industry because JUUL was interested in saving their ass from all their lawsuits.

A flavored ban on pods basically which the vape industry-accepted themselves took those products out of the market. JUUL flavored pods are still available in the market if your willing to pay a premium including hundreds of brands of e-liquid which shouldn’t be in the market because they will never go through the PMTA process. FDA learned this the hard way when the vape industry put hundreds of thousands of applications through for millions of SKUs.

Technically speaking the vape industry itself didn’t really have a leg to stand on. The products had been modified, the packaging had been changed. The devices had evolved. Through loopholes, everything had a solution until you get to the effective date of 08/08/2016 that your product was in the market.

Tobacco companies don’t have this problem. Neither do they have a money problem. Vape Industry for all their fancy cars and toys. Sucks big time. No one contributed any real money to fight local laws.

My company has contributed over 200K to NYSVA making us the largest donor to the New York Vapor Association. Literally kept thousands of shops profitable and allowed hundreds to convert to smoke shops before the flavor ban went into effect in NY.

Still working with NYSVA to get this resolved. Again tobacco companies don’t have the money issue neither the deeming rule issue to deal with.

4 Likes

Brilliant

The ONLY reason why JUUL did that, as they got caught advertising to minors with their fruity bs flavors a few yrs back

3 Likes

A lot of people want fruity flavors. Only real weed smokers [[[IN MY EXPERIENCE]]] would pick the weedy one first. But I guess in a decriminalized or legal market the smell wouldn’t matter as much.

Wonder when will be the first death due to someone messing up with pure menthol crystals trying to make bootleg cigarettes to sell.

1 Like

We are an authorized JUUL distributor. We are also a vape distributor (over 4000 SKUs). My company could be partially blamed for things because we went store to store promoting JUUL by simply making sure the stores carried the product when it first started.

However, that is no different than what we did for vape companies. In fact, I would go far as saying vape companies were worse by at least 1000%. Look at their packaging.

It’s not a matter of opinion. You simply had to be on Instagram and see the people who promoted e-liquids. End of the story.

I am not anti-vaping. As I mentioned above we are a big donor here in the tri-state area to fight flavor bans. I have personally testified at almost every health committee hearing along with my employees from 2019 until half of 2020.

In most of these small-town/county hearings, if 12 people showed up 7 of them, were my employees. Truly sad how no one gave two shits about it. Only a couple of hearings had a lot of people testify.

Just recently Hartford County and Bridgeport trying to pass the flavor and cig bans in CT. The national c-store association and other c store groups sent out messages regarding the possible bans. Thousands of people reacted. Hundreds of businesses testified. They couldn’t even fit them in a single day so the hearings continued onto the next day.

That is tobacco. Vape…10 people maybe show up. Now they need to go up against 30 mom’s with kids young as 6-8 years old testifying kids in their school vape.

LOL

2 Likes

@Enjoy that is the universal truth. It can not be disputed.

In e-liquid about 90%+ of sales are flavored e-liquids. Majority of which are fruit flavored products. They do NOT like strain-based flavors or smells. In fact, that is/was a big selling point for CBD cartridges in the mass market. People wanted to discreetly do CBD/Cannabis without people knowing.

With recreational Cannabis coming around to the northeast. I can see people now finally having access to proper cannabis products and going after those smells and tastes however the nicotine vapers always enjoyed non-cannabis flavors up until now.

Cannabis users hate the non Cannabis flavors for the most part. Two different markets.

1 Like

WHAT’S NEXT, ARE THEY GOING TO MAKE AMPHETA…what? Oh wait they’re already illegal? Oh, ok. Nevermind.

1 Like

Unless you take it under the name of Adderall.

3 Likes

I guess you didn’t see the news when Michael Bloomberg effectively banned/capped Soda drinks if they contained more than 25 calories at 16 oz. Technically speaking it would have capped anything sweetened above 25 calories at 16 oz.

The measure was challenged in court where it was rejected by the lower courts and Michael Bloomberg went to the Court of Appeals in New York where it effectively died once rejected.

Why is he important or the above? He is the biggest donor to every major anti-tobacco/anti-vaping groups not just in the US but all over the world.

He had donated 160 million dollars right before the US vape flavor bans. :-/

He wasn’t a fan of Cannabis either. If anyone can recall the NYC stop-and-frisk campaign which happened under his watch. Arrests increased by 50% while he was the mayor.

I can’t state how much I dislike this dude. Guy with shit load of money on a extremely high moral horse…making it rain long as you can promise him a possible ban on cigs/vapes/cannabis.

1 Like

Why’s he hate vaping so much? He invested in pharma? Or just ideological?

The VA don’t fuck around… It’s straight up Amphetamine Salts is what it says on the bottle!

Which I do to great success. My brain is a shotgun blast otherwise.

Ideological most people point out that he is invested in a fund that invested in a pharma company that was going through the FDA to provide accurate nicotine doses.

However, I don’t think that matters. He isn’t going after the vape market or else he wouldn’t be doing this all over the world. He is literally donating money and using his resources to go after tobacco/vape across the world.

Isn’t a fan of cannabis either. However unlike Vape and Tobacco. Cannabis has a root following and pretty powerful lobby at this point after decades of struggles.

Vape has struggles but no uniform structure. Tobacco for all their money and resources. They aren’t looked at in a positive manner. Cigars do kind of get away with bit more positivity.

1 Like