FCD 3000 series PID default password?

Anyone know what the default passwords on these critters is?

I failed to find a manual or guess my way in, and I need to adjust these so they stop yelling at me.

Note: FCD 3000 serials CAN be found for sale…so I might try that route if all else fails. I don’t have OEM info for either piece of equipment, nor any real expectation that the passwords will be the same.

Have you tried 0 for the password?

1 Like

CleanShot 2022-08-10 at 16.56.58

I’m sure you already tried, but 2, 3 or 4?

3 Likes

Tried 0000, 1000, 0100, 0010, 0001, 1111, 1234, 4321 and a handful of others

Have not tried 0002, or 0003….

If you take the controller out there should be a jumper that will reset the memory.

4 Likes

Thank you.

That will help if I’m not already up against the DEFAULT password.

As I’ve got three dead ones out and on their way to the trash, locating said jumper doesn’t require additional dissection.

DEFAULT without gaining access might actually solve our most annoying PID problem.

Hope you’re right, and it’s labeled well enough for my dumb ass to recognize.

I did go over both boards on these things with magnification the other day to see if I could see a discreet component failure to explain their lackluster performance,*** and did not notice such a jumper…I was hoping to see where the magic smoke escaped, so I wasn’t looking for “reset” (hoping for “fuse”:shushing_face:), but I did try to read everything on there.

***By which I mean we killed them: when first plugged in, they got more than they were expecting voltage-wise.

Electrician had 265V or something bizarre on what should have been our 208V circuits when our new oven room went in.

1 Like

3 Likes

Yeah. Exactly!!

Only popped three out of five PIDs on the oven we plugged in.

I didn’t get a volt meter on it before repair, not sure where I was that week.

They also failed to set the outlets up as requested, and essentially shorted me 1/2 of the 208 outlets I requested.

I requested quads like these, which have proven their versatility over a number of buildouts.

Instead we got

Then to top it off he does something truly unfathomable with the damn voltage…

}%#<€*<<+!??+??•!!

This pair right?

The gapped pair could be. Sucks without a diagram… Look for a piece of EPROM memory or a micro controller. Are there andy coin batteries present on the other side?

Is this a pin post with a little black slide on it? If it is try taking the slide off and power cycling the controller. Then replacing it.

1 Like

Nah I believe that’s a diode. I’ll double check.

Anyone got a good source for these things?

We are short about eight due to the above mentioned electrical snafu.

Beating a couple into submission would get us by for a bit, but buying more is gonna have to happen at some point.

Edit: I’m gonna probably going with Auber Instruments

2 Likes

Add solder to super soaker

Stand back 50 ft

Blast circuit board

Profit!

That’s what they were thinking, right?

Those are surface mount resistors i’m pretty sure though as surface mount anything is pretty hard to discern these days without a schematic, whenever I see ‘jumpers’ I think old hard drives (left side). When I used to build drones these were pretty common too - the biggest issue about those is most people lose the damn thing but as the name implies just jumping the path would work with a wire.

found a manual for an oven that had two passwords in it.

LC =3 gets me into the first set of parameters
LC = 9 gets me into the second.

LC = 9 let me remove the 100C temp limit that was getting in our way.

Looks weird with three shelves reading in F and two in C, but it beats two of them complaining periodically about it being too damn hot :joy:

the Auber instruments PIDs are just a smidge bigger, and required a little work with a file to achieve fitment (on the oven not the PID’s). Seem solid so far.

2 Likes