Favorite edibles with concentrates

Hey folks,

Pretty low tier questions here, but I was just wondering: what’s everyone’s preference when it comes to making edibles with concentrate? Is it best thrown in to something you heat while mixing? Do you decarb and spread it on? Are there some foods/bases easier or more receptive than others? Love to hear yall’s thoughts

decarb first, or use distillate…
then I like to dissolve it in butter or oil.
Then add to the recipe, spread, pour, etc.

Favorite decarb method/parameters?

well the best way is in a roto or reactor or BF… You can control the much better and get more even heating. there are multiple rotovap decarbing SOPs/parameters on here I am sure.

But I don’t have all that equipment at home, so a plain old hot plate works great for me when at home. 200 degrees up to 250 till the bubbles stop homie lol.

1 Like

There is a decarb graph floating around here somewhere that I found really interesting.

I just decarb in my oven since I don’t have any of the other preferred methods.

I have been doing 240 for about 30-40 minutes. But like @ZizzleB said, pull it when it stops bubbling

I do it in a small Pyrex and then when it’s done I mix melted coconut oil into it. Then I freeze that. Once frozen eat as desired haha

2 Likes

I had good luck with fruit leather recently. unsweetened applesauce+berries, blend and run through a food mill, add decarbed oil mixed in 1ml everclear and dehydrate at 135f until done

Ice cream was good too. 2c cream, 1c whole milk, 3/4c sugar, tsp vanilla and a pinch of salt. If you steep the milk in coffee and make a dairy cold brew of sorts you won’t taste any weed-y flavors, I’m sure instant coffee or flavored syrup would work as well. Adding the oil is the same as for fruit leather, just mix into everclear and add when you add vanilla

1 Like

Personally I like gel caps, I hate the taste of edibles.

2 Likes

Gummies have always masked the taste for me even when i was using doo doo butter pre-distillate days

My edibles have zero taste.

1 Like

Back in the day We used to make fire crackers with the vaped weed from the volcano… the worst emotional scarring of my life…

sounds tasty

2 Likes

Getting ready to bang out a batch of hard candies and gummies. Thanks @Killa12345 and @Badcookieextracts for the recipes.

5 Likes

i mainly vape flower. I just toss the vaped bud in gel caps

1 Like

Why decarb for edibles? What do you think happens when it hits stomach acid and body heat? And there’s tons of medical benefits from consuming acidic cannabinoids. My tinctures always have THC THCA CBD and CBDA among others. I have found that having a wide spectrum of cannabinoids works better on a wide range of ailments, mostly chronic pain

1 Like

Ill proove this theory 100% wrong.

I got arrested when I was 17. Cops did not find the half oz of weed. I ate the entire half oz in the holding cell. I spent 10hrs in jail and felt absolutely nothing for a weed high.

I had extreme dry mouth from eating raw weed. Zero high, zero body, zero anything but disgust for me being in jail.

2 Likes