Fastvap

Anyone heard of, or ran this unit before? Seems like it might be great for the lil guy like me. Prolly still outta my price range but I thought id shine some light on the project, and open the conversation cus it seems nifty!

https://fastvap.com/

1 Like

Never heard of/seen it before. Looks like it could be not terrible. Likely Canadian, due to the mention of ACMPR at the bottom.

1 Like

+1 for the arduino control lol, i wouldnt trust it to pass muster with the fire Marshall. the direct feed into the SPD boiling flask is a cool touch and likely a hugeeee bottle neck.

1 Like

yeah check out this panel, leads soldered onto a wall adapter xD def not c1d1 LOL.

i still give them credit tho!!! gotta start somewhere Capture

2 Likes

You can probably just remove that part if you want though

2 Likes

yeah fursure its still a slick small scale FFE

2 Likes

Look how small the vapor path is from the evaporator :no_mouth: I feel like it could cause a vapor lock if you really pushed it.

2 Likes

Hmmmm wonder what they are asking for one?

Maybe use a smaller ffe to evap the last bit out of a larger ffe? hmmmm

It does look a little hodgepodge and very clearly a rough prototype, but none the less cool and like said above everybody has to start somewhere

1 Like

Yeah so the numbers they provided dont add up at all. A 12kw unit would only be capable of evaporating and recovering about 16 liters of ethanol per hour. (Prob why they used “isopropyl” in the video) that’s less than 5 gallons per hour…

2 Likes

isopropyl is easier to find some places.

the math is correct. 15kw units should be capable of 50-70lph.

1 Like

Its 12kw and that converts to about 40,000btu no? Need about 150-200k to do 70-80 liters right? Is my conversion wrong?

1 Like

60kw ~= 200k btu ~= 80gph or 300lph

60/12 = 5
300/5=60

math checks out

2 Likes

Your right I was doing the math at 80 gallons per hour not liters !

1 Like

My apologies! And I hope there cheap! My first setup did 12 gallons per hour and cost me under 1k

3 Likes

howd you build your 1k system? I need something that size…

1 Like

Took a tiny bit of experimenting but it was rather simple I’d be down to swap info with ya , DM me brother

2 Likes

Dm’d. Thx

1 Like