Falling film temperature

Thanks for your input as well. the unit has its own 20 gallon expansion tank and all the safety sensors as well. im just hoping i can replace just the heating unit with a gas fired unit to avoid paying my power company 40k to drop in power. i converted 45 kw over to BTU which comes out around 150,000. so im thinking of purchasing at least one that is around 200,000 to make up for the loss of efficiency if that makes any sense.

on the off chance that I’m not the only one using a browser that doesn’t grok .webp files…

um yeah, nope. don’t think you wanna run 300C silicone oil into that without exploring safer places first…

Edit: which might be as close as the manual for delta’s machine, which this looks uncannily similar to. @Kingofthekush420 might have delta’s operational parameters close at hand.

or one of the other folks discussing how to use one “off label” over here: Is it possible to Decarboxylate in Delta’s FFE45?

3 Likes

Thats what i was afraid of. I didn’t want to throw myself into the next state.lol
i have sent questions to the manufacture. .Awaiting feedback, but getting better answers here.

1 Like

cubic meters per hour i believe. China uses the metric system that i really dislike. Comes out to 4.4 gallons per minute.

Blockquote
Thanks for your info Cyclopath. ill ask @Kingofthekush420 what his perameters are and see if that will help.

you could always pose this to @TheGratefulPhil

if you’ve got any additional data from the manual that came with your machine. such as how much cooling, or evaporator/HX surface areas, you might be able to math to the correct boiler temp.

yep…and by adding that 30% margin, you don’t have to be too worried about hitting the same delta-T and flow rate the OEM intended. sounds like you got this. :wink:

3 Likes

Let me find the manual and I’ll upload it, give me a few

3 Likes

Thank you. much appreciated.

1 Like

@MR-Hemp if you can upload your fine manual, we can haz an FFE FFM Christmas read-a-thon.

@SidViscous you in? :rofl:

6 Likes

Sure, sign me up! I’m great at “RTFM”

8 Likes

Here is the manual for the FFE. I thought maybe you wanted the heater manual instead.
FFE instruction.pdf (597.8 KB)

Wow! very impressive knowledge he has… :+1:

THAT looks more like a Chinese knock-off FFE.

the flanges are a dead giveaway.

looks like a fun read…

1 Like

It definitely is. everything seems to be built pretty heavy as far as material. i purchased this from china before Delta had a patent

China companies don’t give a shit about patents :joy:

2 Likes

Probably true but just stating that this was bought 3 years prior to when Delta filed for theirs. i bought a china knock off of the cup-30 at the same time and in comparison, im afraid id take the one i bought from china…

3 Likes

Well, if it’s not sitting in the corner gathering dust… Then I would be inclined to believe, that yes, yours is in fact better!

1 Like

right! the only thing collecting dust here is our hemp top flower left from growing last year…lol

2 Likes

I didn’t read a lot… It’s… Not the best written manual I’ve ever read

The TLDR; lazy rule of thumb is 20-40-60. In other words, your boiling temp should be 20 degrees C below your vapor temp (ie superheat) which should be about 20C below the condenser temp. Usually the cooling is the annoying expensive part so that’s the constraint. Lower chiller temps cost more to run. Our facility chiller runs around 6C so for us we run a 46C boiling flask if we only care about speed (decarb happens so that’s another story). Clearly, a water heater can provide 46C water and then you just set the vacuum level as necessary to drop the boiling point to 46C. Fyi this is based off rotovap principles but no real reason it would be different for an FFE.

1 Like

Haha wtf they sent u a pic of deltas unit but gave u this? Wheres the meme?

1 Like