Fake Shatter in Michigan

Been saying pine resin for over a year now. Last spring if you looked at cartridges on Alibaba it would advertise pine rosin in the related items. Clearly the algorithm picked up on a correlation with what the black market was buying.

Wasn’t a processor in Michigan advertising that they were adding some sketchy “plant derived extract stabilizer” in their slabs? Saying it was a good thing to add

2 Likes

So here I comeeeee to save the dayyyyy
ques superhero theme song

So what you do is…

Put a quarter gram on a spoon and take a lighter to the bottom straight junky style.

Let it get completely melted. Stick your finger in it (let it cool slightly so you don’t come back calling me a dumb ass who got you burned)

Then wait like 5 seconds and rub your fingers together. If it’s pine resin or whatever it should harden almost instantly into a candle wax like material. And when you try to scrape it off it should like crumble on you and be hard to get off your finger.

Oil should remain sticky and sappy once its heated up. And when you pull it off your finger it should smear and be oily and sappy and shit like thick honey. This stuff dries rock hard instantly on your finger and has no sappy like tendency’s once it’s dried to your finger

7 Likes

I got some fake shatter here still. I’m gonna try this too.

1 Like

I just got some of this from Cali the price was 6$ a g on 20 potatoes got a sample before purchase to get tested and same thing 50% all thc

“The price goes way down when you buy a lot”
Its funny because this is from a very very trusted source and it still is shit. Which is why anything coming into a facility must 100% be tested in house

12 Likes

Anyone have any ideas on how to clean it up??

I’m wondering what solvent won’t dissolve the pine resin :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah, that looks like the stuff my employee walked in with. Looks great. Leaves nasty stuff all over the nail and in your mouth.

2 Likes

Pine resin has a pretty wide range of constituents as well so you may be able to remove part but likely not all.

3 Likes

I just tried some questionable shatter from a source that is normally pretty reliable. Although i have had issues where i thought it was cut / adultrated. Just last night i tried a dab outta my puffco. I noticed there was reside on the side and i thought it was a few hairs since my cap gets sticky. I scraped the gunk off the side of the wall and it was a squsihy rubbery spec of goop, very similar consistincey to the sticky clear stretchy glue that holds cardboard to plastic.

The biggest giveaway to me is the consistency. The cut stuff will stretch and pull unnaturally, like that clear strecthy adhesive i was talking about. ( i really cant think of the name of it and feel dumb lmao) a few months ago i had shatter that stretched out and would slowly pull back into itself like a rubber band in slow mo. It also has a very distinct fake / plasticy pine taste.

1 Like

Yea, I just got a call
From a guy asking what to do. I’m wondering if it could be cleaned and distilled?

You just need to know if the boiling points of the stuff that makes up pine resin are far enough apart in temperature from your target cannabinoids really.

It kills me every time I see someone saying they’re getting stuff like this when I know plenty of people that don’t play those games with quality.

3 Likes

I would imagine pine sap would not dissolve readily in methanol or ACN. That being said, if someone is selling you pine sap as shatter, do you really think that’s all you need to clean out if the oil? (If there is actually any real canna in it)

2 Likes

Could bromocresol green be used to ID pine resin slabs? They all seem to be distillate cut with resin, which would react differently than THCa, no?

Hard to say because “pine resin” can come from quite an array of species.

1 Like

It’s less to identify the pine resin itself, and more to identify distillate mixed with products meant to stabilize it. I’m just curious if the acids in the resin will interfere with the reaction

1 Like

I get what your trying to do and I’m saying that its tough to say whether bromocresol will identify pine resin from ever source.

Edit: I thought bromocresol was some component of pine resin lol.

I bet a well stacked CRC would clean it up.

Usually I assume cutting concentrates is influenced by fetching poorer and poorer prices at market. But prices are doing very well: $3k for D9 distillate in Cali, $2400 flower lbs in OR, and even hash is on the up and up.

People who have cut in the last ~6 months are VERY greedy.

2 Likes

The pine rosin slabs I saw were most likely D8 from the effects when consumed. Greedy folks without access to D9 can make cheap psychoactive slabs too!

3 Likes

Price is one thing but supply is the factor driving the boof.

1 Like

Who cuts weed that is weird. Itd be like if I mix hemp with dank flower, makes no sense. I bought italian seasoning when I was a kid.