Fake Dank vapes warning

At a minimum more tests need to be run at least with MCT and other nicotine based Vape diluent that is at least the poison we know The poison we don’t know could pose a far greater threat

3 Likes

https://www.vogue.com.au/beauty/wellbeing/why-vitamin-vaping-is-a-nogo/news-story/be5362468d30cae20cd1c110f4e4549d

5 Likes

An alcoholic vape. Just, wow.

3 Likes

@ExTek90 I’m developing a tabulated version for easy dosing

https://palcohol.com/

1 Like

I heard about that stuff awhile back, some guy at a wedding mixed up the powdered champagne with ketamine for the after party and a bunch or people went to the hospital thinking they were dying.

4 Likes

It was just on my local news, vape warnings.

Edit
They were referencing e-cig not vape carts.

3 Likes

its been on my news for the last 2 days…its serious out there!

6 Likes

That vaseline vaping though…I heard True Terpenes just came out with a new thickener product to rival honeycut and uberthick

Just for fun :joy:

24 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I just pissed myself :man_facepalming:

9 Likes

So I see one claim that vitamin e can cause lipid pneumonia, but the rest of these articles don’t really say anything. Even the article making the claim says it really has no idea.

I’ve actually debated this with a few chemists, the vitamin e thing, and they are fairly adamant it’s the best choice of additive available on the market.

Can anyone point me at a research document supporting this vitamin e making people sick claim?

4 Likes

did i read this right ?
did that guy say he vaped vicks vaporub ???

5 Likes

This article references a study showing that eating too much gamma-tocopherols reduces lung function. I can only imagine vaping it is gonna be worse.

2 Likes

From one of the above articles

“Furthermore, vitamins can change their chemical composition when heated, which could cause them to lose their potency or degrade into something harmful, says Portland State University professor and ACS member James Pankow.”

3 Likes

The degradation products was my first question in fact to these guys. They told me it goes into your lungs exactly as it starts molecularly, they did agree other vitamins can be complex and vaping them would be questionable, like b12 for instance.

I’m still doing my own due diligence, but as a regular user of vitamin e infused pens I can’t say I’ve felt any noticeable change in my ability to breathe, or increased coughing etc.

There is 1 study concerning a woman smoking marijauna oil cut with potentially vitamin e oil, though others are listed too, resulting in lung related problems after a renal transplant, and on a vaping site and in one of the above articles a study on inhalation of vitamin e in rats was mentioned, but I haven’t found that yet.

Either way, I’m still digging…

At the bottom of the article most recently linked there’s an article discussing lung cancer and antioxidants, vitamin e as one of them, causing increased growth of tumors. Though explicitly says it doesn’t mean anything towards increasing risk of getting it.

2 Likes

The scientist that lead that study has already been quoted saying that the results of that study have been misinterpreted. That study was meant to see if vitamin d deficiency in newborns was the cause for improperly formed lung tissues.

Edit: Here’s the quote, I may have worded that wrong.

But Virender Rehan—the University of California, Los Angeles, neonatologist who conducted that research—balks at this interpretation. “I’m really shocked that somebody would accept that study to claim that vitamins can be inhaled to improve health, particularly in adults,” he says. Vitamin D deficiencies can lead to lung development problems in newborns, and the study was partly to see if inhaling vitamin D could fix that problem in rats, he says. “But [it was] also to make sure that not much vitamin is absorbed [into the bloodstream],” he adds. Too much vitamin D can be toxic, especially for newborns.

3 Likes

I’m currently reading up on a-tocopherol degradation products. The vape site mentioned a study directly on vitamin e, but didn’t actually cite anything. I’m finding some info now that I’ve changed my search parameters.

Sorry for my less formal posts, I’m not fully awake yet. I’ll cite some actual papers as the day goes forward.

3 Likes

This is so fishy! Vapers always have their carts with them or near them. I am sure that the authorities have had ample time to test the cartridges so why don’t we know what is making people sick?

We talked about this on the Cannabis Today Podcast. It is so hard for me not to jump right into conspiracy theories.
http://canna-today.com/2019/08/catherine-sidman-and-steve-blank-explore-tainted-vape-cartridges-fraudulent-packaging-and-more/

7 Likes

It’s not that easy to test such a small amount. I really wish it was as it would save manufactures a grip.

3 Likes

back in my east coast days I got a bunch of slabs that looked decent and when you dab them they tasted like straight plastic terps… what could that even be? It got you high but it was really weird, I wonder…

1 Like

Not trying to poke the wound but it’s just like the viscosity thing; just becuase they can test it doesnt mean they know what to test it for or even what theyre looking at sometimes when it has been tested. I would imagine testing is still happening and/or they are keeping quiet until they find the human sources of the problems as well.

2 Likes