Fake Dank vapes warning

These outbreaks comes right at the height of the FDA powergrab of the vape industry. If it were from shitty pesticide contamination, then why didn’t this happen a loooong time ago? Like there have been pesticides in carts from the beginning.

I’m just saying the CDC has does some shady shit in the past and the gov’t has all sorts of intelligence assets and CI’s. The most ruthless of career criminals, is one granted immunity for cooperating. The feds give these people a sense of importance and impunity, and then use them as cannon fodder… A few meetings and some btc transfers later, and suddenly there’s poison injected into a mainline of the black market cartridge distribution channel. Not to go full Alex Jones, but I just feel like wide-spread pesticide toxicity would’ve happened already. What has changed?

13 Likes

So after a little more reading this evening I came across this…

Dr. Michael Lynch, medical director of the Pittsburgh Poison Center at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, said the lung injuries doctors there are seeing are consistent with chemical inhalation injuries.

Then I got to thinking, what could have changed lately. The terpenes are the same, most of the cuts are likely the same(unless some new brand popped up, dropped a bunch of poison and vanished), pesticides are likely the same, but there have been some changes to ‘common’ extractions methods.

A year ago not many home chemists would’ve considered using something other then butane/propane, isopropyl, or ethanol. Now we’re getting a lot more people running heptane, but that’s not really new either, but methanol seems to be in more use lately. Purge techniques for a lot of home chemists are less than adequate… :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Right but even significant residual methanol contamination would not result in this type of toxicity. Plus they would be able to detect elevated methanol and formic acid blood levels if this were the case. Other solvents used in the industry don’t really have any crazy acute toxicity at residual contamination concentrations that i’m aware of, anybody using DCM yet? lol. Something else is the attributing factor

4 Likes

Everyone is scrambling to figure it out. The Nicotine side too. The bleeding edge knows.

1. Dank vapes are one of the lowest common denominator. The hardware/packaging can be purchased for less than a dollar.

2. It’s happening in a “why bother” state in a localized region during a cannabis off season.

3. It’s happening to the youth market, the “why bother market” that consists of poor people (almost all children are poor and cannot afford quality products)

4. RC’s have been vaped for years prior to this. Only now a days are people worried about having a thicc vape pen

Terpenes are just now being popularized. Many of these can be reacting with the drugs being used and creating new compounds.

11 Likes

Rolling Stone: Counterfeit Weed Vape Cartridges Are Everywhere — and They’re Making People Sick.

5 Likes

Great read. I found this part to be what I’ve been looking for.

There is another thread on here that the Honeycutt and such diluents are made with vitamins. Which ones…?

“Lab testing of Pirzada’s patient’s cartridge revealed that it tested positive for not just THC, but also vitamin E. If inhaled, oils like Vitamin E can cause lipoid pneumonitis, a rare condition that results from fat particles being inhaled into the lungs, says Pirzada.“

9 Likes

Exactly! I mean it is a terpene…

1 Like

Makes sense that someone would use vitamin e thinking it must be safe… Its also an antioxidant and about as thick as the now more mysterious uber thick. @FloraplexTerpenes do you use vitamin e in your uber thick formula? Asking for a friend, thanks

7 Likes

And this

“When she submitted the results to the Department of Health, it informed her that there were two other cases of THC cartridges testing positive for vitamin E oil,”

3 Likes

@DistributorMichael please read this. Also, please stop selling that cut.

5 Likes

maybe this is why @FloraplexTerpenes went from active member of the forum to silent

7 Likes

It makes sense that the @FloraplexTerpenes Uber thick is a vitamin isolate. If it is then shame on them these vitamin oils are not meant to be f****** Vaped give me MCT PG or PEG over that s*** any day

7 Likes

Found an article claiming aerosolized vitamin e is good for the lungs,

https://www.physiology.org/doi/full/10.1152/jappl.1998.84.1.263

Also found some people in 2009 claiming to be vaping vitamin e

(among other things :face_vomiting: )
We could contact this guy and see if he’s still alive.

3 Likes

Granted that is one drop and not 500mg like many of these danks etc

1 Like

At a minimum more tests need to be run at least with MCT and other nicotine based Vape diluent that is at least the poison we know The poison we don’t know could pose a far greater threat

3 Likes

https://www.vogue.com.au/beauty/wellbeing/why-vitamin-vaping-is-a-nogo/news-story/be5362468d30cae20cd1c110f4e4549d

5 Likes

An alcoholic vape. Just, wow.

3 Likes

@ExTek90 I’m developing a tabulated version for easy dosing

https://palcohol.com/

1 Like

I heard about that stuff awhile back, some guy at a wedding mixed up the powdered champagne with ketamine for the after party and a bunch or people went to the hospital thinking they were dying.

4 Likes

It was just on my local news, vape warnings.

Edit
They were referencing e-cig not vape carts.

3 Likes