Fake concentrate?

Is the ISO test reliable? Are all dabs supposed to dissolve? Mine didn’t. And I don’t have any UV lights

4 Likes

I’ll pick up a light at Napa tomorrow and shine it at stuff that doesn’t get me stoned. I’ll post pictures.

3 Likes

It can be tricky looking at pictures. Would you call that glow “yellow”?

image image image image image
A. Bland taste
B. Tastes like chemicals don’t melt right or get me stoned. Also when placed in everclear only the color dissolved out, leaving a white mass which I rubbed between my fingers. It felt like fat from winterization.
C. Tastes bad and acts similar to B. when placed in everclear.
D. Tasted like tires, unsmokable. but provided a buzz. So I put it in the oven at 250-260f I plans to go for 1/2 hr but the presumed co2 bubbles stopped completely at 15 minutes.

2 Likes

$18 at Napa. Pictures of slicks don’t translate well. So I’ll do another solution of each of these. Measuring this time. And try again later. But I have to get back to work for now.

2 Likes

If it doesn’t dissolve in high proof alcohol, it is NOT cannabinoids

Period.

4 Likes

.15 g samples, each in one tablespoon of everclear. image
I’ll shoot more pictures as things start to dissolve. Can we rename this thread? “Show off your bunk”

4 Likes

Thank you!

image image

2 Likes

Left to right. Hero size dab of Real cannabis concentrates in 70% ethanol. Hero size dab of trash I bought from a local scumbag in 70% ethanol. Hero size dab of trash I bought from a local scumbag in 91% isopropyl. All sat in my cold garage around 40-50F for about 36 hours. For lighting we have the cheap UV light from the auto parts store (pictured up thread).

2 Likes

Natural cannabinoids that is
Synthetic cannabinoids several of them do not dissolve in alcohols
Basicly only in acetone and dcm of the low vapor pressure solvents

1 Like

Some synthetics do not dissolve at all in ethanol ?
Or is the solubility still high enough to make them (at least) detectable in standard analysis protocol (using 20-30x more ethanol than sample mass)? :thinking:

1 Like

Oeff no idea I think there is always some solubility 0.1% guessing here