Fair price for crude?

20% loss to winterize and decarb which isn’t bad

1 Like

Seriously 900/L crude is this available now? Im just outside of Denver

We buy winterized CO2 with under 0.3% THC, a 3:1 ratio of CBDa:CBD, and better flavor than we’ve seen in any ethanol crude for $6k/kg. This is ideal for vape cartridges.

If there’s another, cheaper source of that product out there, I’d love to get a lead on it.

1 Like

There’s a reason there’s still demand for CO2 machines in this industry. Despite the low productivity and expense of equipment, it does make some killer high terpene crude without the hazards of hydrocarbons and associated insurance/permitting expenses.

Again, I gotta ask - are we talking hemp crude or something else for $5k/kilo? I’m asking because OP’s question was about hemp crude (or at least, I doubt you’re getting 43% CBD .7% THC from a weed strain) & most of the hemp terpenes I’ve come across are borderline worthless, but then again most if not all of my crude gets taken to isolate not being put in vape carts or other “full spectrum” products

Are you adding any terpenes when you put these in vape carts or just straight cutting to an appropriate viscosity? I guess it makes sense if this is a product that is very close to being ready to pour into your cartridges, whereas all the extraction I’m doing is ethanol crude that gets distilled and then has the CBD crashed out, didn’t make any sense to me to pay $5k+/kilo for crude only to distill and refine to pure CBD, doesn’t leave any margin for the guy running the distillation and isolation process IMO.

1 Like

It’s hemp, but I wouldn’t go so far as to call it “crude”. It’s definitely polished up quite a bit and given the terpene profile it was definitely extracted from high quality flower. Though I’ll agree with you that hemp terps, no matter the strain, aren’t nearly as pleasant as terps from high THC plants. We purchased a kilo of some stuff a few months ago that was THC-free CO2 extract. Cart and syringe stable at 62% CBD for 7k.

I personally still prefer distillate CBD carts over well polished CO2, but to each their own. That stuff looked and smelled great, but it still had a very harsh throat hit in a cart or dabbed compared to most distillate I have tried. It should specifically be bought for use in a final product, definitely not to be processed into distillate or isolate.

4 Likes

I’m interested in the crude oil. What’s the best way to contact you?

If you need someone to winterize and decarb a batch for you let me know.

Any chance you have some of that crude for sale.

Seems like there are some big full spectrum crude contracts going around this month. I’m pumping out winterized/decarbed crude with 62% CBD.

I’m being offered around $1100/kg for ongoing supply contracts. Not sure the price right now is worth it to not take down to distillate though because I’m getting around $4k/kg for that.

$5k/kg sounds a bit steep for crude imo.

1 Like

We’ve been selling 55% co2 extracted crude for 2500-3200.
In my experience though, price drops a bit when below 50% cbd content and over .3 thc. I’d try pricing yours at 1400/L maybe 1500.

We have our 67%cbd winterized crude listed in the mid 1k-2k range typically. Producing about 3,000-3,500 liters per mo.

2 Likes

Sure CO2 pulls better Terps. But that is 100% dependent on starting material.
Most industrial Hemp from last years crops produces similar distillate regardless of primary extraction.

If Isolate is the goal we simply do not care what solvent is used so long as it’s cheap!
We have run Hexane, Heptane, Ethanol, CO2 and Steam crude.

At volume we buy raw at 1200 and winterized at 1400. But typically we toll biomass instead and get under 1000/L.

They only crude we touch close to 1800-2000 is Amber, Winterized at 73% CBD.

2 Likes

Anyone selling any strain specific crude? I’m looking.

2 Likes

I’ve currently got Electra only crude if interested?

Hi I was wondering if you had a coa on that hexane crude running at 73%

I currently have Gorilla Glue Crude and can meet most size orders. This is only for California Customers unfortunately.