Failures

Wasteland alchemist much?

3 Likes

What causes the implosion? Or the fireball?

3 Likes

High temp and suddenly oxygen. autoignition point.

6 Likes

Been at this a long time man. :wink: #backinmyday

2 Likes

hahah this really made me laugh and light bulb popped for a potential new cannabis derived product Terpy Hair gel Ha!

1 Like

A lot of mistakes mentioned iv’e done the main ones

-trying to multi task leaving the vac on without watching the muffin and come back to seeing the oven walls with oil
-not double checking clamps after initial vac only to hear the pressure from the collection base and smelling tane when starting recovery

1 Like

You know it! :rofl:

2 Likes

The first time ever attempting to make extracts I was 15 years old. I lived with my mom in a tiny guest house and had a patch of 12 plants in the front yard

Me and a buddy attempted to blast bho through a little glass tube into a Pyrex dish, we were both huddled over the dish staring into it waiting for the golden goo to start pouring…
The ground bud was way too wet, so it blew out through the coffee filter, Launched from into the Pyrex straight up into my buddy’s eyes. He had liquid butane behind his eyes and yelled “it’s cold behind my eyes!!” Luckily he was fine and we can laugh about it now.

There’s a few other mistakes along the way I’d rather not discuss, but that one was the first and by far the most memorable.

8 Likes

Lets add flipping traditional liters to the list.

…converted is the future

4 Likes

Walk away from the roto at the wrong time

Don’t mind the chlorophyll it was screw pressed shit

7 Likes

just a little bump, nbd. This looks like the roto every day when i was learning how to use one :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

One of my fav things is the “oh shit” relief valve teed in just before the pump

1 Like

I had mine do it the other day while decarbing so it turned rock hard real quick. Many hrs of heat and no vac to let the vapors eat thru it.

1 Like

oh yours is fancy. I don’t have an oh shit valve i would just pull the continuous feed peice out to break vac

1 Like

Had a technician drop an o ring in one of the extraction vessels of a 20 ksi system before a hydrotest. I guess he figured it would just hang out down there? Anyways, guess what happens when you have a 22,500 psi pressure differential acting on an o ring blocking a 3/8" diameter port. I swear the fucker went long ways. Had an interesting time explaining that one to the AI. Super awesome too because the outlet tubing was a 4 foot long piece of 3/4" HP tubing with 3 bends in it (shit costs like $90/ft and we can’t bend that big in house).

4 Likes

I’ve turned 1.2kg of first pass (86% CBD) distillate in to 6%

This happened yestarday and today I got the test results…

Anyone knows what’s the going rate of olivetol with traces of cbd?

3 Likes

back at my old gig we’d use co2 tanks for cooling the outside jacket. The tank i was on died, so went over to the garage to grab another lil 50 lb baby of course.

roll it back to the lab, and while taking the cap off it began ungassing. and it didn’t stop at all.

couldn’t feel my wrist for 2 months. I was so fucking pissed at my gas guys.

1 Like

you broke your CBD distillate down to the terpene and Olivetol? Or did it isomerize into d8 and then into CBL?

Olivetol is very valuable on its own: https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/aldrich/152633?lang=en&region=US

1 Like

Sometimes I thought elongated spouts tended to pour more?:thinking::sweat_smile::shushing_face::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

needs to be here.

so that folks can be pointed at that extracting kief with solvent is a fucking bitch. squish it!

4 Likes