FAIL TEC with diamond mining

What miner are you using if you don’t mind me asking? I’ve never tried a miner strictly jars

its salvageable if it has too much solvent, you just need to evap some of it and continue the process

1 Like

I feel like I missed a link somewhere between burping and pressure of the miner.
Someone recommended putting nitrogen into it for pressure.
But liquid solvent will create some pressure as well under room temperature. ?

1 Like

Yes it will…it turns back into a gas

Do u have basically all ur solvent left or has all evap

And if did all evap And nothing which weird…redissolve and start over

Stop worrying about adding pressure…its all about the slow evaporation…the solvent will make it’s own pressure…
which I’m almost convinced all the pressure is doing is aiding to the slow evap…thats having none almost impossible w what we doing

Nitrogen just to speed along…i think

2 Likes

If the material doesn’t have THCa to crystallize, good luck when your investor buys you some stuff that was meant for distillate. You won’t be making feed stock claims anymore. Last years material sitting in a hot environment generally can’t be turned into crystal efficiently.

4 Likes

There u go adding the one special occasion

Yes u take someone that doesn’t store properly I’m sure …but i store all my own material and would think most would but I’m sure that’s not the case

Btw I don’t extract anything not worth it or top shelf so I don’t run into these problems

Good luck

2 Likes

What was the extraction temperature? What solvent blend?

Lots of ppl think extraction is a way to clean up garbage. The answer is yes. but you can only make hot dogs no diamonds.

Cured material is fine

degraded material MAKE DISTILLATE

2 Likes

If you’ve actually decarbed the whole lot by running too long and too hot, then you have a lifetime supply of edibles. (Or vape juice)

If the issue is you left too much solvent in there, you can let some evaporate.

Is 105F too hot? Probably. Have you wrecked your material? Hard to say without analytics.

Do you know how many mg of THC it takes to make you fall down? If so you can do a bioassay to figure out your decarb level.

eg, if you fall down after 100mg THC, and product is less than 10% decarbed, you can eat a gram and not fall down

I’d start by assuming 100% decarbed. And work up the dose till you know it’s less than 10%.

Edit: if you do make it all the way out to “less than 10% decarbed”, the 1/2 dozen burps of your miner may well get the process underway :wink:

10 Likes

I didn’t burp it once… totally failed there .
Just blasted another run today into the diamond miner today! We’ll see how it Goes… got a nitrogen tank together too.

1 Like

It’s a BVV it’s like 795$ retail I got it for 350 pretty nice I’ll send a picture down the sight glass in a day or so

1 Like

I have failed with decarbed material and by overcrashing my thc out of my solution during what I had thought was dewaxing

3 Likes

1 Like

I love this Tec.

It all came from decarboxalation.

Decarb the oil in your sealed miner @ 230F for 24-40 hrs depending on amount. Purge off remaining hydrocarbons in a roto or vac oven. Cart up for Live Carts!

3 Likes

Welcome to the future @MikeMike!

1 Like

I think @BigM got that one wrong.

Welcome to the past… :wink:

@Theimaginationgarden was last seen in these parts on May 3rd 2019.

I would highly recommend removing the solvent PRIOR to heating a sealed vessel to those temps, and respectfully suggest that everyone needs to wrap their head around the amount of CO2 produced during decarb, and how radically head space changes the pressures involved.

6 Likes

Nitrogen vapors actually act as a stop evaporating layer of head space gas, if you never vent you never move through the crystallization curve if the solute

2 Likes

Do you have any info on here about using your miners?