Facility tour + meet and greet in Charlotte NC *expos cancelled

There is a psychedelic science conference followed by a CBD/d8 expo in Charlotte, NC on January 30th-31st

Spoke with @DeutscheProcess and they are down to give tours of their manufacturing facility and show room on Saturday 1/29/22 and host us with some food and beer :beers:

The newest level 3 slanger in NC (haven’t posted the review yet but have done the facility walk through) will be hosting a house for us to kick it Monday following the CBD expo 1/31/22

We also have the ability to reserve the cocktail room at a super swanky restaurant in downtown Charlotte, they can take 40 of us, so a cocktail hour there is an option as well :call_me_hand:

If you’re going to be around for the festivities comment on the thread so I can get a rough head count for food etc looking forward to seeing y’all out there

7 Likes

Shout out anyone who does a podcast with @Sidco_Cat that weekend, I’m trying to think about a giveaway for people who get interviewed :+1: maybe a lil hash gift bag or something :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

Throwing around the idea of coming out for the conference if not super slammed…

3 Likes

Thanks for the love!

3 Likes

Both the psychedelic science conference and the CBD expo have been cancelled b.c. of omicron.

If anyone got flights out and still wants to do something we can do a meet and great and lil tour of deutche processing as well.

5 Likes

That was a quick turnaround from event invite to event cancelled. That really sucks. As an aside this wave has a ton of my friends sick (ages 25-45). My business partner cancelled his flight this week due to getting omicron.

If anyone does end up going stay healthy and safe, and be sure to ask the Deutsche process engineers a million questions. They’re a wealth of knowledge and have a lot of large scale vegetable oil refining experience under their belt.

5 Likes

Big bummer for sure. I’m still planning on Miami. I mean, it’s a psychedelics event in Florida. I don’t want to know about a world where that gets shut down.

5 Likes

If it is it won’t be by the state. But event organizers are cancelling a lot of events out of personal fears, so it’s still possible. Fingers crossed for you :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Florida is still pretty wide open. I would think if it was going to be cancelled it would have been done. I just can’t see cancelling this close to the event

3 Likes

Flights being cancelled is probably also a concern at this point.

The New Normal

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve got friends of friends that have stranded in PNW and can’t get back to AK. Been stuck like 2 weeks!

3 Likes

Ya Florida isn’t cancelling anything lol. We will be throwing the GLG party regardless

7 Likes

FL is the land of the free. :rofl::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

When’s the FL GLG party? I wanna come!

3 Likes

Feb 4th. There’s a post here about it and rsvps are live tomorrow

1 Like

Just searched and found the post. Fuck yeah! I’d love to come. Saw that cash discounts for GLG would be available on-site? I’d definitely be down. I’ve learned SO much here that I’d be happy to join. I’ll look for the RSVP link tomorrow. Excited to meet everybody!

2 Likes